Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Pretty Pink Peonies card

 Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing one last card from the Let's Celebrate collection by Yana Smakula for Spellbinders. In case you missed my other cards showcasing this release you can check them out HERE and HERE and HERE. This entire collection is so lovely you should check it out!
PEONY CELEBRATION DIE SET
 
My card uses the Peony Celebration die set from the collection and I used the Fluted Circles die set for the background. I added a strip of black and white stripes patterned paper edged with a 1/8" strip of black cardstock to give the peony a nice contrast.
I used vellum for my peony outline because I wanted something solid to adhere the peony die cut pieces to, and have it blend in with the background. I love the effect of using vellum! I used white cardstock for the outline and leaves and used 2 shades of pink and pieced the peony petals.
It's hard to see in the photos, but there is a touch of shimmer to the pink petals. I used a couple of my glitter brush markers. They are quick and easy with a huge impact!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.