Monday, March 18, 2024

Peony Background Mother's Day cards - 2 designs

 Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing 2 cards from the Let's Celebrate collection by Yana Smakula for Spellbinders. It's a lovely collection with BetterPress plates, floral dies, stencils and even a wax seal! I love every bit of it and will be sharing cards using the entire collection over the next few days.
PEONY BACKGROUND AND LET'S CELEBRATE SENTIMENTS PRESS PLATES
 
My cards use 2 BetterPress plates from the collection, the lovely Peony Background and the Let's Celebrate Sentiments Press Plate. Each card uses the Peony plate in slightly different ways, which gives 2 different results.
For this card, I inked up the plate with the Black BetterPress ink and pressed into Porcelain cotton card. I colored the images with my Zig Real Brush Markers and popped up the sentiment on layered circle die cuts. I layered 2 ribbons underneath the circles to give some grounding. I needed a few flower accents, so I used the Vintage Florals die set.
This background plate has the peonies in the reverse, meaning you ink up the solid plate and the peonies are the open areas. I love this because you can get color on the background easily with ink instead of coloring the background.
 
For my second card, I inked the plate with CP ink All That Jazz and pressed into Porcelain cotton card.  I kept the peonies white for a fun monochromatic look. Even though I kept the layout and sentiment the same, with the turquoise ink and no coloring, this card has such a different feel!
 
Supplies used on these cards:
Catherine Pooler ink in All That Jazz
Black twill and black and white striped grosgrain ribbons from stash

Prefer to shop with Scrapbook.com? Here are those links:

 Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.