Friday, February 8, 2013

Happy birthday Gina!

Hi everyone!  Welcome to a special birthday blog hop for the fabulous Gina (of Gina K Designs)!  I have had the honor of designing with Gina for over 3 years now and can say with all honesty that Gina is sweet, generous and one of the nicest people in the crafting industry.  Gina, thank you for allowing me to be a small part of your family!
**** Happy birthday Gina! ****
Here is the birthday card coming your way.  I used one of my favorite stamp sets, Hello Sunshine and a piece of the new Color Companion's Fresh Asparagus double stitched ribbon.
This set is sold in both clear and rubber (I linked clear), I have the rubber version and one advantage with rubber is the ability to use markers.  To stamp the flowers, I inked the stamp with 3 colored markers and 2 on the leaves.  I finished the card with a strip of washi tape along the bottom and some yellow rhinestones.

Please check out the other DT members who have birthday wishes and cards for Gina!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the hop!  Here is a close up picture.
Card Deets:
Stamps - Hello Sunshine
Cardstock - Pure Luxury white, black and Turquoise Sea
Accessories - GKD Asparagus ribbon, Scor-Pal, yellow rhinestones, washi tape
Photobucket

34 comments:

  1. Aww so pretty!! i need to get out that stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH so gorgeous! Awesome colors Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card for a lovely lady. Thanks for the great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Michelle! Beautiful color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet, springy and beautiful! Awesome Michelle! Hugs! Sean

    ReplyDelete
  6. this card is so wonderful - the clean simplicity -- plus the color combo is gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bright and cheery birthday card. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL card! Love the stamped image and the addition of the ribbon in just that way! VERY pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow!!! very striking! :) TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this combination of colors and stamps! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful birthday card you created. And, for an equally beautiful lady named Gina. I hope her day is beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great flower image and love the washi tape and bling. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card love the color combos, nice way to celebrate an great lady.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card. I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michelle,
    I love you sweet girl! Thank you so much for this beautiful card!! I remember all of those three years ago asking you to join my team and then I walked around my house saying to my husband- SHE SAID YES!!! (Like we were getting married! LOL!) You are so talented and SO sweet. I am blessed to call you my friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty--I like how you used the ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love how you use different color markers on your stamps, too! This card looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh what a beautiful card Michelle!I love the colors and the marker effect on the stamps!
    Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely card! The asparagus ribbon and the turquoise cs and ink are fabulous together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. bluemoonbyniteatyahoodotcomFebruary 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM

    Very pretty and elegant card. Creative use of ribbon - great card and layout - I luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card. I love the colors you used for layering the card....so bold and beautiful. Truly a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh it's just beautiful Michelle!! I LOVE the washi tape and ribbon design!!! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute card! What a nice thing to do to celebrate Gina's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful birthday flowers for Gina, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous bouquet of flowers for Gina's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this card Michelle! Great colours and fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The blue flowers look so pretty. I actually have some sky blue flowers...

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.