Friday, November 23, 2012

Altered trinket box

Hi everyone!  I have a fun Mixed Media Spellbinders project to share today.  This one is a bit outside the box for me (haha).  You can find this and many other inspirational Spellbinders creations in their Idea Gallery!

I started with a wooden trinket box measuring 5¾ x 3¾ x 4".  I covered each side of the box with white linen paper.  I then added some pattern paper from FabScraps.  For the top of the bos, I layered roses from Rose Creations dies spritzed with Glimmer Mist.  I nested Standard Circles SM and Venetian Motifs dies in Silver Premium Craft Foil to create an open frame and accents from Venetian Motifs to add around the flowers. The words are from Girlie Grunge Labels sponged with gold ink.
The front uses a cut/embossed Grand Decorative Ovals One with the excess trimmed off.  And the finishing touches are a button, more Want2Scrap pearls and an accent piece from Venetian Motifs.
 This project was definitely a labor or love.  It took me a LONG time (read 2 days) to work out the details on this, but I love the final result and it was well worth it!  Thanks for stopping by and here is a close up picture of the roses and flourishes details.

Spellbinders Supplies:
Preferred Partner Products:
  • Want2Scrap, Say It With Pearls 72 Count LeCreme Pearls, Finesse Swirls LeCreme Pearls
Cross Promotional Partner Products:
  • FabScraps, Heritage Small Floral, Heritage Script 4 Patterned Paper
  • Clearsnap, ColorBox Gold Brocade Pigment Ink
  • Tattered Angels, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist
  • Walnut Hollow, Basswood Recipe Box
  • Scor-Pal, ¼" Scor-Tape
  • Beacon Adhesives, Zip Dry Glue
Other Supplies:
White Linen Weave Cardstock; Ivory Craft Paint; Ivory Brocade Trim; Vintage Button
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully vintage! Fabulously done! Trusting you had a great Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, girl! (I thought I was at the wrong blog for a minute!) Definitely a different look for you, but just that much more evidence that you can truly do it ALL! Awesome job with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. Love all the special details. So worth the time to make it (2 days :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. Well worth the time that accent looks so real. Like actual hardware!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...my...goodness....this is jaw-dropping gorgeous, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.