Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #55

Hi everyone!  It's Sunday and that means it's time for another FABULOUS Cupcake Inspiration challenge from Hope Stamps Eternal!  Check out these amazing cupcakes!!

My card does NOT do these beautiful flower cuppies any justice, but I was a bit short on time!  I followed this week's Fall To Layout #86 and went with circles.  I used pattern paper from Kaisercraft's Devonshire 6x6 pad (What up!  On sale for $6.74).  I was drawn to the orange-y coral and green colors in the paper pack.  

You would think that making a card with pretty much nothing but 6 circles would be easy, but NOOOOOO!  You should see my craft area -I have circles punched from just about every paper in the pad all in different sizes.  Sigh... I arranged and rearranged these little buggars for over an hour!  Please tell me I am not the only one who is a bit touched with the OCD?!?  LOL!


I also added some tiny rhinestones from the Zva Creative Round Wheel for a little extra bling (this is sold out, but there are still some Round Pearls left).  See my card base?  That is MY LAST PIECE OF SOFT SKY CARDSTOCK!!  I can't tell you how sad I am at this.  Does anyone know if Soft Sky is one of the retired SU! colors that is being brought back?  If not, I am seriously hitting the EBAY!

Everyone is invited to play along in the challenge!! If you do, be sure to link your creation to Mr. Linky on the HSE Blog and use CIC55 when uploading to online galleries . Every week, Rachel highlights the top 5!!

Before you head over to the Sweeties and see how they rocked these gorgeous cupcakes, quick announcement -Rachel is having a STORE WIDE 25% off sale!  Yeppers, every thing in the store is on sale 25% off, no code necessary.  Go check out the new Stampavie, Kaisercraft, Hambly, Zva Creative, Cosmo Cricket and much more!

Rachel - Hope Stamps Eternal
Karen - The Sweetest Thing
Kristen - Scrap-Creations
Piali - Touch of Creation
Kelli - Yard Sale Kind of Luck

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Card Deets:
Stamps - Birthday Basics (PTI)
Ink - Dark Chocolate (PTI)
Paper - Soft Sky, Dark Chocolate, Devonshire PP (Kaisercraft)
Accessories - Circle punches and nesties, Round Crystal Wheel (Zva Creative), paper piercer, Swiss Dots EF (Cuttlebug)
 


Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I love the circles on that great sketch and so easy! Love the little bling too! Wicked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, love your take on the sketch!

    Sadly, soft sky is not coming back. I was very disappointed when I read that it wasn't included!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I luv your card, you aced that sketch girly...fabulous.
    Prism sells a color that is so close to soft sky, I have not been doing without...it is Iced Teal B556-D. Bazzil also has one I get at Mikey's called Sea Salt, it is so darn close I cannot tell the difference, really. I stock up when Bazzil is on sale....HTH...have a great day friend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your card is so cute, Michelle!! CAS is THE HARDEST for me!!

    Hey, I have about 16 pieces of Soft Sky for you.....email me your address!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clean and pretty...I won't say Clean and Simple, because I can imagine what it was like arranging those circles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Michelle! Those cakes are sooo yummy and so is your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun combo of patterned papers. I like the rhinestone accents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card turned out awesome! I'm so sad that Soft Sky is not returning to SU :( that was a big miss by them if you ask me. Maybe we could start a petition to bring it back?

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS cupcakes!! The card is too CUTE! Love the circles and DP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful circles on this simple birthday card! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could send you 15 sheets Soft Sky from Australia but it would cost about $18 US. Never really got into Soft Sky or River Rock, but LOVED Purely Pomegranate. So sad that its not coming back.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.