Monday, April 19, 2010

TEA for you (not COFFEE) with a little Zva

Hi everyone!  I think I am losing my mind.  No really - LOL.  I thought I was going to share a DOUBLE challenge card, but turns out it only fits ONE challenge!

Verve is having a fun little challenge called Coffee Anyone? Celebrating the stamp set Delightful and Delicious.  And the DT for Zva Creative has sketch/color challenges.  Coffee and Zva, perfect combo right?  Well, after I finished my card, I realized I USED THE WRONG SET.  Evidently, I grabbed A Cup of Life set instead.  Huh?!  Sigh... you would think the TEAPOTS would have been a big clue for me...

Oh well, I love the card, so here it is.  I used the sketch from Kim's blog.  The colors looked to me to be Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, Dark Gray, White and I chose Kraft as a neutral.  My card uses a Zva Creative felt flower from the Cozy Mix, a Sweet Blossom in white, clear rhinestones from the Round Wheel and some swirl scraps.

I have a fun tip for you: don't be afraid to cut your rhinestone swirls!!  I cut them, rearrange them and save every little rhinestone!  Here is a pic of a brand new rhinestone pack and next to it is my scraps.  For the teapot steam, I searched my swirl scraps until I found the right piece!

Stay tuned everyone!  This is Verve Release Week and my blog will be hoppin' with Verve-y goodness!  There are lots of challenges AND ways to win some Verve Stamps.  You can find more details on the Verve Blog and on SCS at this thread.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Card Deets:
Stamps - A cup of Life (Verve)
Ink - Adirondack Slate Gray
Paper - Aqua Mist, Kraft, white, Basic Grey and Bitty Squares in Lemon Tart
Accessories - Zva Creative rhinestone round wheel, sweet blossom, felt flower, scallop border and large oval punch (SU!), 7/8" grosgrain ribbon (Martha Stewart), copic markers and silver cord (Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts), Swiss dots embossing folder


Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, Michelle!! Love the colours and the bling for the steam on the tea pot - heck I think it could be a fancy coffee pot, don't you LOL!

    Looking forward to seeing your creations at the next release :D NOT a good week for me as the school Spring Carnival is this Friday and I have a ton to do for it. may be a few late nights trying to get a few of the challenges done because I can't resist the chance at some new Verve :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning creation Michelle. Could do with a cuppa myself right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is adorable! Great little tea set stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS card GF!!! Love your clean and elegant design!!! The colors are divine!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card, but I love your challenge mishap more...TOO FUNNY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these colours, Michelle!! I think as a Verve Diva you should have special permission to think outside the box and say it's for those who don't drink coffee ;) Hey, I have a WHOLE pack of Soft Sky and would be willing to share half with you :) Let me know if you can't find it and HAVE to have some :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling card, Michelle! LOVE your colors and using bling for the steam is such a great idea! Yes, I've cut my rhinestone flourishes apart before and have kept the pieces...now I need this Verve set so I can use them up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, I like the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty and I'm loving the colors. Coffee, tea, its all hot caffeine so I say you're in:) Now if you had stamped say a Big Gulp, that might be pushin' it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet card. I love the great job you did putting these colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well it's too bad that you used the wrong set, but I love what you've created!!! Gorgeous use of colour, fun image (love the steam!) and the ribbon/flower treatment is fabulous!! Love the tip about cutting the flourishes too - awesome idea!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.