Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Copic and Arteza brush pens, one image colored 2 ways

Hi everyone! My coloring journey continues. I bought this amazing stamp by Picket Fence Studios which is part of their Beautiful Girls line, this one is Jordan and I am in love. She is just beautiful. I see many more of these beauties in my future.

I wanted to practice my coloring skills with skin and hair using both Copics and my Arteza Brush pens. I thought it would be fun to make identical cards one colored with each method. Here's how they turned out.
This was my first time at coloring a person (and a rather large area of the shirt) using my Arteza brush pens. I really love this look! Water coloring is tricky and I plan on taking an online class to help me improve. After I finish my Copic class that is which I'm only 1/2 way through! I keep getting sidetracked, lol. I'm sure many crafters can relate!
Here is a closer look at the water colored image. I heat embossed her in black first to help my coloring stay in the lines. When I get a bit better I plan on trying to water color without embossing and then the no-line method!
Here is a closer look at the copic colored image. I am more practiced with Copics and like how this turned out even without getting through the skin and hair section which is up next!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Other supplies used:
Fun Stampers Journey - Black sparkle silk, Film Frame die set, Text Happy stamp set
Wild Orchid Crafts - ivory open roses 10mm
May Arts - silver metallic string
2mm black rhinestones
PaperTrey cardstock Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.