Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's done! It's done!

Hi everyone!  Ha, I bet you thought my kitchen remodel was done right?  Well, considering we did the demo over the July 4th weekend, you would think!  But, actually today at 5:30 pm it was finally done!

Man oh man, my kitchen is done!

Anyone going thru a complete remodel KNOWS about those little details that seem to take FOREVER to finish.  No returned calls, illness, holidays, backorders, all of these things and MONTHS fly by!  Well, today the cabinet guy came over and finally installed the trim "filler" piece above the fridge and the crown molding over the expanded soffit spot.  Phew!  DONE!

As promised long ago, here are the BEFORE, DEMO and AFTER pictures of my dream kitchen.  And it really is a dream.  Like some of you, I never really had a nice kitchen with everything new.  So I am really lovin' all the cool stuff (um, like under cabinet lighting for my blind ole eyes!)!  Anyway, here we go:

Before -Wall 1:
After:
and

Before -mini sidewall:
See?  It's gone!!
I don't have a before pic of the entire wall 3 (?), but here are the after pics.  We moved the fridge to this wall and the microwave now is on a built-in shelf:
Here are the built in recycling bins to the left of the fridge:

Before -at the window:

After -at the window, the sink was moved to the left, centered under the window:
Here is under the sink, with the garbage disposal, insta hot and automatic soap dispenser there isn't much room!  I had a shelf installed in the skinny cabinet on the left, now my baking sheets and smaller loaf pans can be separate and easy to get to:

Here is a software generated birds eye view from Parr Cabinet's software -ignore the "pony wall" shown on the bottom right, we ended up demoing the entire wall.
I have lots more organization and gadget pictures!  Click here and here for more blog posts showing the goodies I bought for my kitchen.
OK, now that you've stuck around through all the kitchen pictures, I actually have a card to share!  This card uses Unity's September KOM, When I am With You, some amazing NEW Bo Bunny papers, Crazy Love, and the gorgeous velvet crocheted ribbon (you can get both at Stamp Simply Ribbon store). 

Thanks for stopping by and indulging me with my kitchen pictures and a little Unity/Bo Bunny love!  Have a great day!!

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is super, I love the color of your cabinets and it sparkles like a jewel!
    Your card is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS kitchen!!!!!
    Fab card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeeeeeee!!! Congrats!!! Hope to be able to see it some time next month! ;)

    Pretty card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful extreme kitchen makeover :) So glad you got so many wonderful things in your new kitchen. I'm sure it makes Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners much easier as well as everyday cooking. Happy dance that it is finally ALL done now :) Darling card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!! Big congrats on that gorgeous kitchen, Michelle! I'm SO happy for you! It's SO nice!! :)

    Gorgeous card too! Love that ribbon layered over the crocheted trim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo!!!! Your new kitchen is gorgeous! Beautiful card today, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two things: the card is awesome, love that image and the colours! Two, the kitchen is hot girlfriend!!! OMG, it turned out so awesome...so awesome that you and Char have inspired me to start mine in January!! YUP, us too! I will keep you updated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a transition! I LOVE your kitchen. You did a great job and I know you are so excited to get in and do a little Christmas cooking. Enjoyed this post...tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the fab new kitchen GF!! Woo hooooo!! I am loving ALL those gorgeous cabinets and the recycling bins that are hidden away!!! Wish I had room to do that!! I notice your wood floor goes all the way through the kitchen -- I was debating that for ours, I think I like it!! Great job! How exciting! DH is re-doing our backsplash with new tile this weekend, can't wait!! TFS your makeover!! (And I love the card too -- killer ribbon!!) Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the kitchen and that card is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your kitchen looks great Michelle!

    luv the card too.

    hugs my friend

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kitchen looks fabulous and I bet you are thrilled its done!!! Enjoy it now... hee hee
    Cute cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I like,I like!!!
    Great job, fun accessories WOW!!!!
    I have lived/gone through two kitchen remodels (in same home..), so I know exactly how you feel. Fun, fun!! Enjoy.
    Jean McGee
    PS I like your card too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Girlie - it's ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! What a massive difference and no wonder you are thrilled to bits!!!!

    Your card is pretty flash too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.