Monday, August 23, 2010

Mojo Monday ON a Monday

Hi everyone!  I actually have a Mojo Monday sketch card to share with you ON a Monday!  That so never happens -LOL!  But, with all the crews here all day prepping for the concrete pour tomorrow, I have to stay home.  TRANSLATION: I want to stamp instead of clean! 

I love Julee's sketches!  This Mojo153 sketch ROCKS!  I have used a similar sketch in the past and using 4 squares is always a hit with me.  My card uses 2 newly released Verve sets, Happy Hello and Dream Big.  The sketch lends itself perfectly for that cute square border in Happy Hello!  I stamped it on Vintage Cream in Basic Gray ink, masked it off and stamped the medium sized leaf branch from Dream Big.  I colored in the small square border with the W1 Copic marker to add a bit of pop.

I have a couple pictures of how I masked the squares.  First I stamped the square image on the cardstock and on a post-it note.  Using a craft knife, I cut out the inside of the square on the post-it.

I then lined the square outline onto my cardstock and stamped the image over it.  Easy peasy!

Driveway Remodel update:  Well, at the end of last week we had complete demo and haul away of our driveway, walkway and garage floor.  We were hoping to only demo the left side of the garage, but after everything was demo'd we discovered some serious unsound structural issues, so we had to demo the entire thing.  Ugh, we were hoping to save on the cost.  Oh well, it is for the best and will turn out MUCH better in the end!

So today, the crew brought in and leveled off the gravel, placing the drains and are setting the forms.  We are still on schedule to pour concrete tomorrow morning in the garage!  This will be super cool!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Card Deets:
Stamps - Dream Big, Happy Hello
Ink - Always Artichoke, Basic Gray
Paper - Kraft, Vintage Cream, Basic Grey Manilla 6x6 pad
Accessories - 3/8" blue grosgrain, blue rhinestones and green burlap string (all Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts), Tag nestabilities

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Michelle! Love the colors you used & the rhinestones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle :)!!! How are you doing ;)??? Boy your driveway is coming along...can't wait to see the finished result!!!

    Anyway, I love your take on the Mojo Sketch...simply gorgeous!!!

    Have a great week...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card... and I wish my garage was so empty...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the leaves and added the touches of bling, Michelle! Great colours and the touch of DP on the sentiment tag is a fabulous little detail.

    Sorry to her about the garage, but glad to hear they found it rather than something serious possibly occurring. Can't wait to see the finished product!! I feel like I'm in reno labour with you LOL!

    Glad you opted to stamp rather than clean! Let all the dust accumulate and THEN clean LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so pretty! Love the masked squares! Haha stamping is so much better than cleaning :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you put all the stuff from the garage?? WOW....what a huge undertaking!! Especially on the heels of the kitchen.....and speaking of the kitchen....I MUST come by and looky see!! **wink wink**

    Squirrellyshirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card, the rhinestones and stitching complete it! I know you will be so happy when your driveway is done and your garage fully accessible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card! The bling just sets it off! Thanks for the stamps. Got them yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card. I love the touch of bling on the leaves.
    Gosh you've had a busy, busy summer with all the remodel. I bet you'll celebrate when it's all over!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Michelle! The masking on the frames with the leaf is such a fabulous idea! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is gorgeous, Roomie....it's such a beautiful design with the leaves and rhinestones!!!! You are amazing ...how are you still stamping with all the remodeling you have been doing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.