Friday, August 20, 2010

Friends with Flair, home style

Welcome to Friday with Flair!  It's been awhile, but I love it when I have time to play along!  Angela has the master list of all the 50 designers participating in the FWF this week, so take a lookie at the Unity Blog for the names/links of everyone.

Today I have a couple more Housewarming cards to share.  My real estate agent asked me to make him 20 and I am chipping away at the order in between this week's Verve Release Spotlight peeks and house renovations!  CAS is the name of the game with these.  AND Ippity's House a Home is the perfect for all my cards. 

I got the layout idea from the incomparable Julie Ebersole -queen of CAS!!  The pattern paper is from Bella Blvd from my scrap folder, but most are from Man of the House line.  I love Bella Blvd papers because they are great for masculine cards.  I have to REMEMBER that I can't make all the cards girlie with flowers!  Some have to be masculine -which is very tricky for us girlie stampers -LOL!

Here is another with different colors and papers.  I like how these turned out, not too girlie, right?
 Before I go, yesterday was Demo day 1 for my driveway/walkway and garage!!
I have a couple pics to share.  Today they finish the demo and clean up and all next week they set the forms, lay and stamp the concrete!  I am so excited!  Here are the before shots:
Believe it or not, this picture doesn't show any demo.  It's a close up of the condition of our driveway.  The HUGE Blue Spruce tree roots have done unbelievable damage!

Here are some demo shots -yep the 3 guys tore up everything with a jack hammer!  I think my neighbors HATED me cause they started at 9:15am!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!  I hope to see you tonight at the Verve Release party!



Card Deets:
Stamps: House a Home (Ippity)
Paper: White, Man of the House PP (Bella Blvd)
Ink: Soft Suede, terracotta tile, Hawaiian shores
Accessories: Jute string (Stamp Simply Ribbon store), circle nesties, corner rounder, Copic markers and buttons from Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts

Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. Love your welcome cards. So great! And at least the demo guys waited until after 9 to start. We have some very loud neighbors that start well before 6!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards!!! Love the look! Enjoy that concrete work....UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea for a real estate agent!! This is the perfect set!! I really need one like that...I don't have any "home" ones :) I think I am going to go through Verve withdrawal starting tomorrow...it's been so fun with all you girls {sniff, sniff!} I'll be at the party tonight with a few more cards...the new driveway will be fabulous!!! Are you getting rid of the blue spruce so it doesn't ruin it? Can't wait for the updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are awesome. The demo might be loud and messing, but the end result will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card :) I can now see why you needed to redo the driveway! Darn tree roots! Is the spruce going as well so it doesn't do a number on your new driveway?? Hope to see you tonite at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific cards!! They are really perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fun WELCOME cards! They are soooooooo cute--I need to contact my RE agent--maybe he needs some cards:) Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great home cards :) Love them! Good luck with your renovations-FUN! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your card is awsome I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card, michelle! be sure to show finished pics of the driveway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! I bet these will be a hit with your realtor and the new homeowners, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards!!! Good luck on your construction/demo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great CAS "Welcome Home" cards - love the colors! I seriously have had so many purposes for those cards run through my mind since I saw the Ippity Release (friends moving to a new house, friends buying a house, friend returning home after extended time away) -- I think this is a sign. Hmm...

    Cool to see the pics of the driveway in progress -- I'm sure it will be an amazing change.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what an adorable card, now I want this set lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet card, love the simple elements! I bet you'll be happy when the job is done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable Michelle! And good luck with your driveway update!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such cute cards Michelle! Hope the driveway demo is going to plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. another two great cards. love bella blvd. papers, too, have a whole slew of them on my wish list. great work with the ippity.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.