Sunday, April 4, 2010

Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #53

Hi everyone! It's Sunday and that means it's time for another FABULOUS Cupcake Inspiration challenge from Hope Stamps Eternal!

But first, I want to wish everyone a VERY HAPPY EASTER!!

Check out this photo!  Isn't it a wonderful combination of colors, flowers and butterflies?!?  Pretty cute, huh?!?

I took my inspiration from the lovely bright colors in the photo.  How could I not?  I thought the Basic Grey, Kioshi papers from the 6x6 pad would be PERFECT!   I made a couple Easter cards using Verve's Easter Joy set.

My first card uses one of my favorite pieces of the paper and some buttons from Cosmo Cricket, Joy Ride collection.  See the fun 2, 3, 4 hole buttons?  I have never seen a 3 hole button before -too cute!  The layout was inspired from Julie, from her adorable 2s4y48 bonus sketch entry!  Very versatile sketch!

My second card was inspired by Cath's Trigger Tuesday challenge.  Those amazing colorful Easter eggs are a perfect match to the egg garland image in the Easter Joy set.  I stamped the egg garland image 2 times and colored them with Copics.   I added some bright pink mini crystals from the Zva Creative round wheel to make each egg POP!


The background piece is embossed with my fav Swiss Dots folder.  OK, Cuttlebug keeps coming out with amazing embossing folders (not to mention SU and PTI), but seriously, I ONLY EVER use the Swiss Dots!  I used the Dotted Scalloped border punch to add a tiny bit of interest at the bottom.  Rachel is out of this punch right now, but you can email her of your interest.  I pierced each scallop of the circle and highlighted the hole with a white gel pen to mimic the border punch at the bottom.

AND there is a SALE going on at Hope Stamps Eternal right now!  All Imaginisce and Bella Blvd papers are on sale 15% off!  

Everyone is invited to play along in the challenge!! If you do, be sure to link your creation to Mr. Linky on the HSE Blog and use CIC53 when uploading to SCS. Every week, Rachel highlights the top 5!!

Now head on over to the Sweeties and see how they rocked these adorable cupcakes!!!!

Rachel - Hope Stamps Eternal
Karen - The Sweetest Thing
Kristen - Scrap-Creations
Piali - Touch of Creation
Kelli - Yard Sale Kind of Luck

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Card Deets:
Stamps - Easter Joy (Verve Stamps)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper
- White, Black, Certainly Celery, Pale Plum cardstock, Basic Grey Kioshi pattern paper

Accessories - Celery twill (SU!), copic markers, buttons (Cosmo Cricket Joy Ride), Swiss Dots EF, Dotted Scallop border punch (EK Success), Circle nesties, white gel pen, hot pink crystals (Zva Creative Crystal Round)   


Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Oh Michelle, I love them both. I so should of gotten this Verve set, it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cards...beautiful. Kioshi and this Verve set are a perfect match.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey girl....Happy Easter to you and your family..we are good...went to church and going to my dh's Mom for Easter dinner.

    I luv how you paired the two words together to make Easter Joy, great idea....awesome cards...have a great day....ttyl.

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those a both beautiful :) Love the garland eggs. I got your package the other day. Thank you so much for that blog candy! I didn't realize the bag of ribbon was soooo big! Hope your Easter was blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And a very happy Easter to you too, Michelle! I love both of these cards - those papers are just perfect for a Spring feel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great Easter cards, the colors are so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Michelle! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these are so beautiful and just perfect for Easter!!! Gorgeous colours/papers and love the ribbon/buttons on the first and the cute egg border on the second!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle these are both just so pretty. Love the papers you used. I like the one with the row of eggs really well.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.