Tuesday, March 24, 2009

JBelle Tuesday challenge and a CAS challenge card

Hi everyone! Today is Tuesday and that means another Jbelle challenge! This week's challenge is to make a spring card. There is a focus on using rub-ons. I am plum all out of rub-ons, but I can do spring!!

Everyone is invited to play along. You don't need to have JBelle supplies to play, but if you don't have any, you can check out the store and see what strikes your fancy.


My card uses the super cute Imaginisce Twitterpated bird stamp along with Imaginisce Fairest of them All DP. I colored the birdie with Copic markers and then painted her with Bubble Gum Shimmerz. The 3 Dew Drops at the bottom are from the Island Blossom bottle.

If you play along, be sure to use keyword JBE045 when you upload your card so we all can find it.

Don't forget to check out the other DT blogs for their spring cards!

Heather Lee-Reppen--Ink on my Ear
Jill Dunn--InkGenious
Jennifer Buck--The Buck Stamps Here
Kimberly O'Rosky--Sunshiny Days
Kisa Peters--Kisa's Paper Cuts
Lindsey Botkin--Embellished
Lynda Benden--Stamp Act
Maren Benedict--Zany not Crazy


I also have another card to share. This card is for this week's SCS CAS challenge which was to use punches on your card. I LOVE making CAS cards using punches!! Makes it simple, quick and easy -just punch, stamp a sentiment and you are good to go!

I was tempted to bust out my butterfly punches, but since I just got SUs 5 Petal flower punch, I knew I HAD to use it. I also used SUs scallop border and boho blossom punches. All the paper on the card is from Basic Grey Bittersweet as is the jumbo glazed brad. The sentiment is from Verve's Asian Flair. I painted the flowers with Angel Wings Shimmerz.

Thanks for stopping by!

Card Deets (JBelle card):
Stamps - Imaginisce Twitterpated birdie
Paper - white, wild wasabi, Twitterpated Fairest of Then All
Accessories - circle nesties, pink grosgrain, copic markers, shimmerz, dew drops, white gel pen, scalloped border punch

Card Deets (CAS card):
Stamps: Asian Flair
Paper: white, Bittersweet
Ink: close to cocoa
Accessories: BG glazed brad, su scallop punch, 5 petal punch, boho blossom punch, shimmerz

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cards Michelle!!! Love your little birdie with it's adorable paper, and the punched flower is fabulous (makes me want to buy that punch) and of course....love that paper too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Love the paper and dew drops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW - this is sooo darn cute - Michelle!!! Love the in- and outside of this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH OH ....I love how you put the matching brad on the middle of the flower!! You gave me some BG matching brad and paper and I was trying to figure out how to make the brads really stand out!! THIS is IT!!

    squirrellyshirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are pretty Michelle. the little chickie is darling! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This little birdie is so cute, Michell!!! Love the colors and coloring!!!! The CAS card is terrific, too!!! Love the layered flower!!!

    So...fess up? How many times have you seen the movie and watched the commentary? Did you get the one with the bloopers? I have watched the Movie twice...commentary twice....I need to watch the commentary again because I LOVE Rob's accent....since late Sat...so that is NOT too bad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards rock, Michelle! I just adore that sweet bird card--and pink and green are my favorite colors. You know my birthday is coming up in April...hint, hint. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are awesome Michelle! I LOVE the paper you used with the bird on the Jbelle one and the CAS card is AWESOME! I LOVE the Bittersweet paper, it is so pretty on such a simple yet gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cards are so cute ... love the little birdie and the dp is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are fabulous! I love the way you use pink - perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE LOVE LOVE these girlie! SO fabulous!!

    Hey...check this out ;)

    http://www.newmoonmovie.org/

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.