Friday, March 20, 2009

Dirty Dozen challenge -to remake your oldest card!

I mentioned yesterday that I finally had a chance to play along with the monthly Dirty Dozen Alum challenge! This month was hosted by Holly (Toy) and she challenged us to find the oldest card in our gallery (or at least one from our first page of uploads)... and to CASE it! WHOA! Have you all checked out the oldest card in your gallery lately? If it's anything like mine, man I have come along way!!

Here are the challenge rules:
Challenge Focus: A CASE of one of your oldest cards.
Required Element: Change at least three things on your card (subtle).
Restricted Element: None! The sky is the limit on this one!!
Keyword: DCFSC0309

Are you ready to see it?

Here it is! My first SCS upload. Full disclosure, about a year ago I deleted several of my first cards -they were stinkers, trust me! So technically this may have not been my very first upload. But, it's the oldest one in my gallery now!

Lookie there... WOW! I actually colored the "frosting" parts with a colored pen! And see those corners and side piece? I hand cut those with scissors -this card was PRE all my fun toys, ribbon and punches!! Oh man, there is no framing on the image panel at all. heehee!

...And, here is my remake. I kept the general feel of the card. Kept the purple frame, stripes in pastel colors, the cupcakes and general layout. I don't have that stamp set anymore, so I used Verve's Cupcake Affair set and the sentiment is from Birthday Surprise. I popped up the frosting pieces, added a mini flower punch, bling and stickles on them. I also used some ribbon and tiny primas with bling to adorn the side.

So, I think I succeded. You can still see the old card inspiration in there, but it is updated with a bit more layers, ribbon and bling! This was a blast. Be sure to click on the keyword link at the top and check out all the other Dirty Girls who played along. It's always fun to see the early cards!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Card Deets:
Stamps - Cupcake Affair, Birthday Surprise
Paper - Almost Amethyst, certainly celery, pretty in pink, misc striped DP
Ink - same as above, creamy caramel and black
Accessories - pink grosgrain, primas, bling, stickles, mini flower punch, corner punch

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. How fun is that? When I saw the first card, I thought, "oh my"...looks better than my first attmepts though! Love the new and improved one!

    PS. My daughter wants to drag me out for a midnight release party tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I love that new card!! So fun....and how can you NOT love that Cupcake Affair set?! It made me think about my first cards...how embarressing...and the worst ones are definitely not in my gallery!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun challenge, makes you see how far you have come. Or atleast for the most of us. hee hee I like the newer version and the older one. They are both cute Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun challenge!! I love your new card with all the added layers and ribbon!! The cupcakes look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what a fun challenge!! Great job recreating and updating it. How funny, "now" if we don't have the exact punch we need, we just don't do it!! Oh sure, hand cut it out, what??!! Where's my Michael's coupon?? LOL!! This was fun Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You shut up~~you used a colored pen? Oh Michelle, is it ok to chuckle? Heehee. But holy cow your re-do is amazing!!! Love it. You should re-do more--it's so cool to see how far you have come. Thanks for the chuckle missy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the redo but have to say liked the first one too LOL
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so cool! I love what you did with caseing yourself, amazing. I do like the first card as well though. one should do this in a year again and then compare, it could be a walk down memory lane about "trends" along with "growing" as a stamper :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTE! I really love this! So...I'm off to the post office today.....a little somethin', somthin' on the way for you! And....I tagged you on my blog.....lol....Hope you are having a great day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so funny to look at our first cards. Mine were really really pitiful!LOL! What a creative challenge! Your cards are great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, Roomie, you have come a long way, baby!!! I love how you stepped up your design with the adorable cupcakes, layers, and ribbon!!! Don't ya just wonder what we will be doing is a couple of years!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.