Saturday, March 28, 2009

Back with some challenge cards

Hi everyone! Whew, it's been quite a week here. Not only did Bill get sick, but then Daniel got sick and then ME! Ugh, still recouperating. But I do have a card to share and a couple challenge cards from last week that I didn't get a chance to post.

This card is for this week's Viva La Verve sketch challenge. This week's sketch was a fun one and the twist was to use only a sentiment stamp. PERFECT for all those Verve Plain Jane stamps!! I chose the Plain Jane, Comfort. I embellished it with a couple flowers from the Grateful Elegance set. I embossed the sentiment with white EP and sponged the edges with white kraft.

This card is also for my weekly DDC challenge. This week I hosted the challenge and challenged everyone to a 1,2,3 recipe:

-1 piece of DP (as much or as little as you want, but only one)
-2 pieces of ribbon (any length of either, but must be different)
-3 brads

It was lots of fun! I actually finished the card and realized I only had 1 ribbon! OOPS! So it's hard to see, but I added a piece of white organdy ribbon under the taffeta. Whew, now it's complete!

Anyone can play along with either or both challenges. To play with the Viva La Verve you can check it out here and upload keyword VLVAPR01. To play along with the DDC challenge, follow my 1,2,3 recipe and upload with keyword DDC.

This next card is from last week's Featured Stamper challenge. The Featured Stamper was the UBER talented Beate!! She is an SCS pioneer, an amazing stamper and a super sweet person!I chose this card to case.

I kept the amazing layout, use of punches on the sentiment, piercing and bling. I changed the papers, images, location of piercing and omitted the ticket corners.My image is Flourishes, Signs of Spring. The lovely daffidol is super fun to color. I used a couple copic markers and then went over the bloom with Marigold Shimmerz.


This last card was from last week's SCS Sketch Challenge. I really liked this sketch. This is my second card using it. I love how it utilizes scraps!! I used my new SU stamp from Thoughts and Prayers. Man, oh man, SU got this one right!! The DP is Basic Grey, Periphery. I used some of my beads and a new butterfly charm for the pin. I also glued some beads on each of the flower blooms.


Here is a close up of the pin and beads.

Card Deets:
Viva la Verve card:
Stamps: Comfort, Grateful Elegance
Paper: kraft, blue bayou, baja breeze, Parsian DSP
Ink: versamark, blue bayou, white kraft
Accessories: aged copper brads, white taffeta and organdy, SU scalloped edge, circle nesties

Featured Stamper card:
Stamps: signs of spring
Paper: sahara sand, bashful, delicate dots DSP
Accessories: copic markers, shimmerz, celery twill, bling, SU punches

SCS Sketch Challenge card:
Stamps: thoughts and prayers
Paper: artichoke, soft sky, periphery
Ink: mellow moss, baja breeze
Accessories: Misc beads and pearls, bead pin, earing back, paper piercer, light aqua organdy ribbon

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. WOW!! Gorgeous, every last one of 'em!! Hope all of you are back to full health!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...gorgeous stuff....love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love em all Michelle! Hope you are all feeling better now. Sorry I missed your call last week- bummer. I was out of town for a couple days- copic certification class. tell ya about it when we get a chance to chat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards Michelle! I LOVE the DDC this week, can't wait to get on it!! I'm loving that last card with the stick pin, no one does those better than you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cards are each lovely Michelle! Hope you and the family are feeling much better this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sick?? OH no! I hope we didn't bring over some germ!!

    I am still interested in your fiskar cutter.

    we'll chat soon...kids are finally back in school!! yiipppeee!!

    beautiful cards!! great stuff

    squirrellyshirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so beautiful, Michelle! Love those parisian breeze papers, and that bead pin? Ack! I need one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.