Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mojo Valentine


Man, it seems like forever that I have had a chance to play along with one of Julee's Mojo sketches! Today, I took an hour or so to make this Valentine card. Here is the sketch, it's a fun one :-)


I used one of the newly released sets called Simple Valentine -what a sweet little set. I colored the little hearts with Copic markers and then covered them in Crystal Effects. I busted out my BRAND new Basic Grey Bittersweet DP and coordinating brads. Be still my heart! I can't gush enough about Basic Grey -it seems like there is rarely a paper pack that I don't LOVE! The little flowers are from Prima Flowers Part Deux cinnamon bottle.

Here is a close up of the sentiment panel. I used my CB flowers die cut for the base, then layered it with a punched heart, topped with a Word Window punch. You can't see it in the pictue, but I covered the pink punched heart with the new Shimmerz Blingz color, Pixie Dust!! Love this bottle, the "glitter/shimmer" is more intense than Angel Wings and has a slight silverish tone.


Here are some of the supplies I used for this card. Do you see those small containers I put my brads in? I got them from Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts, and they are PERFECT for putting specialty brads in. I get the Basic Grey painted and glazed brads and once you open the package you have no way to store them!

Card Deets:

Stamps - Sweet Valentine (Verve)
Paper - Cranberry Crisp, PTI Vintage Cream, BG Bittersweet DP
Ink - Adirondack pitch black
Accessories - Prima flowers, BG brads, Labels One nestabilities (spellbinders), CB flowers dies, Martha Stewart heart punch, SU word window punch, crystal effects

9 comments:

  1. Very beautiful card! Love the crystal effects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and the way you put it all together! Absolutely Fab!

    ~Spike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, lovely colours.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous design Michelle, I love the Crystal Effects on the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a lovely card, I like the way you've put a flower in the middle of the brads. I always think too linearly and don't think of things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome - love those glossy hearts and all those brads!!
    hugs, jami

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, gorgeous, beautiful.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely darling, Michelle. Love it! Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.