Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Today's sketch Verve style

Did you all check out the Verve Release party last night? The 5 newly released sets are truly amazing!! You can see them all here. I was so inspired by the Divas samples of Abundant Blessings, I couldn't wait to ink my set up again and make this For You card. I used today's Sketch challenge (SC193) over on SCS for the layout.

I stamped the flowers in Adirondack Espresso ink and colored them with my Copic markers. I stamped them a couple times extra for practise. I am still REALLY new to this whole Copic markers thing and couldn't really get the shading right, so I colored them solidly (is that a word?). The white image panel is stamped with the smaller ferns and the cat tails stamp. Can I just say that I LOVE how Julee designed the ferns to face both ways? Perfect for making background branching!! The sentiment is from the newly released So Happy. The DP is My Minds Eye, Magnolia.


Thanks to everyone who stopped by the party last night and talked to me. I had a great time and it was all cause of YOU guys!!

P.S. I have been asked several times what happened to my teddy bear in the pictures. Well, for my Verve cards, they have to be photographed with a white background. AND, I have been having trouble with the light in my window. My neighbors tree is growing and creating shade! I told my DH to go and cut off some branches real stelth-like, but he declined. So, when the lighting is really bad, I take pictures in my back yard from time to time. The bear is still there and loves to be included!!

Card Deets:
Stamps – Abundant Blessings, So Happy
Paper - choc chip, sage shadow, MME, Magnolia
Accessories - mini green bling, dimensionals, 1/4" chocolate grosgrain


3 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle - it was fun getting to know you at the Verve party last night - and yes people really do read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are wonderful and your ribbon embellishment is totally great for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, this is so beautiful! The black ribbon sets off the flowers perfectly, and I love the florish of leaves behind the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.