Wednesday, June 9, 2021

May Flowers -Gina K Designs June release

Hi everyone! Tonight is the June release for Gina K Designs and I am SO EXCITED to share 2 cards using the new May Flowers stamp set!! There are many other fabulous stamp and die sets in this release, so be sure to check them all out!!

First up is a card featuring the large Anemones cluster. I embossed the image on vellum with white EP and then took some bright inks and blended the ink to the BACK side. This gives the coloring a soft muted effect and keeps the ink from smearing on hands or envelopes.
Since Anemones have black centers, I added some tiny black gems to the top and added some thin dotted organdy ribbon from my stash. I love to have a few pops of black!
 
I inks I used were: Cherry Red, Passionate Pink, Wild Lilac and Grass Green.

Here's a peek at the back side of the image. You can see I used some bright colors and how soft they appear when behind the vellum, so don't be afraid to go bold!!

Next is another simple card using the May Flowers stamp set, this one uses the Lily of the Valley image. I colored this with copics and added a few black splatters and a tiny strip of black/white paper under the sentiment. Again, I went with a simple design with pops of black.

 I want to send a BIG thank Gina and her team for letting me be a small part of this release!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I absolutely love your first card. Love inking the back of the vellum, never thought of that, what a great look it gives!
    Your Lily card is so pretty, love your few green jewels!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.