Thursday, January 10, 2019

Time for challenges

Hi everyone! I am loving having time to play along in some of my favorite challenges. This is how I started stamping and it feels good to get back into it. If you find yourself with some time and/or need inspiration to get started, here are a few of my favorite challenges:
I've been out of the loop for years now, so if you have any other challenges you love, let me know!!

I played in this week's SCS Featured Stamper challenge and for those of you who are new to this challenge, each week a stamper is profiled and the challenge is to go through their gallery and CASE a card changing a few things to make it your own. This week the featured stamper is Kathy Schweinfurth and I chose to CASE this card.
I changed the papers, stamped images and sentiment. I kept the overall feel and layout of the card. My card uses the cup from the Coffee or Tea die set, the roses from Thinking of You Rose and sentiment from Farmhouse Simple Sentiments
I colored the roses with Copics using 2 colors for the roses and 2 for the leaves. After watching hours on YouTube with all the fancy copic coloring, I am finding that I am more of a simple colorer. I think it looks amazing using 5 different shades for a flower, but just as pretty using 2!
Other products used:
Patterned paper: Down on the Farm by Doodlebug for background papers; Fleur by Kaisercraft for the paper piecing on the mug
Embellishments: Black/White baker's twine from May Arts; Pink sequins

1 comment:

  1. I seriously need to get stamping. I have so many supplies that I am in a rut because I just don't know where to start. What a great suggestion and one that I will wholeheartedly embrace! This card is very pretty -- looks like someday we will be casing YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.