Monday, February 19, 2018

Water color striped background

Hi everyone! Today I played in the Splitcoast Stampers CAS challenge. This challenge was to make the focus of your card the background!  I thought this was a fun idea, so I played along.  I've seen this technique on Pinterest several times and thought it was really pretty. It only took me 2 tries, which for a watercolor background is not bad my friend. Not bad at all! lol!

We have SO MANY amazing flower stamps that it's hard to give each it's due. For this card I went with the Dahlia Burst stamp set as I think I've used it maybe once! That's just not right I tell ya. And I thought it looked pretty left black and white and it helped make the background really pop.
Here is how I started the process. I know most people probably free hand coloring the stripes, but I don't play that way. So I used some washi tape to make the stripes. It worked out great as there was just enough color that seeped under the edges to give it a natural look.
The pencils I used are 33, 34, and 36.
To color the stripes I laid down the color from the pencil directly to the Color Splash watercolor paper. I then swirled/spread the color with the large size of our Journey Blending Brush. I tried to use the small and medium sizes, but the large worked the best for this size of coloring.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

All products used are Fun Stampers Journey.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea of focusing on the background - an love the precise washi tape stripes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRRRRRRRRL. You PAINTED!!!!??????? I absolutely LOVE this card. Like, REALLY REALLY. its probably my favorite of yours lately! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.