Saturday, March 21, 2015

3D hot air balloon card

Hi everyone!  I have a fun hot air balloon card to share today.  Sadly, I've never seen a hot air balloon in person, but I googled images of them and was struck by how bright and colorful they are!  My card features one of Spellbinders' new Inspire line die, Up and Away.
 
I created this 3D balloon by die cutting and trimming the balloon portion 5 times each in a bright fun color.  I pieced the bows under each panel with a matching cardstock color.  I took a couple pictures to show you how it was done.
The clouds are from the Rainy Day die set and I colored them with a pale blue marker to make them stand out a bit.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!  Here's a close up picture of the balloon.
Spellbinders Dies: IN-050 Up and Away, S2-141 Sentiment Five, IN-013 Rainy Day Shapeabilities®
Other Supplies: Bo Bunny Double Dot Bold and Bright 6x6 paper pad; light blue copic marker to color clouds; Twine
Adhesive: Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares and 3D foam frames 

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. OMG I love this. What a cute card Jennifer, another great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color choices and I love the dimension! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome card! That is a great idea using a portion of the die. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Michelle, this card is SO fantastic and that's no hot air! I LOVE this rainbow balloon in all its dimensional glory!! This one is sure to LIFT anybody's spirits!!! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your 3D balloon!!! Perfect colors for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and clever as always - you are such an inspiration! <3

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.