Friday, September 12, 2014

Are you a Pinterest mom?

Hi everyone!  Are you a Pinterest mom?  You know, someone who goes all out with the fabulous party favors, gift baskets, party decorations and back to school gifts?  Well, I want to be... dream to be... but am I?

This year was my first year making Back to School gifts.  Yes, my boys are going into the 5th and 3rd grade, it's about time I know!  I've been collecting some small items for a "Teacher Survival Kit" theme over the last few months (some snacks, chocolate, Advil, make up, nail polish and files), so I thought I was totally on track with being a successful Pinterest mom!
However, it occurred to me yesterday afternoon as I was RUSHING to put together the baskets at the last minute that, sadly, I'm not.  Good grief, where does the time go?  I waited to the last day, went back and forth on what to do, and my trip to the Dollar store for a cute basket or bowl/tin failed and I ended up with "boat" shaped baskets.  They are cute, just not what I had in mind.
So you ready?  Here's how they turned out.  Don't judge!  lol!
 Initially I wanted to make a cute banner lavishly stretching from end to end, but since it was 3:30 and I had literally less than an hour to finish up, that went out the window.  I switched it up to a "stick" tag after remembering the new Build-a-Tag One die set from the Celebra'tions line.
SAVED!
This tag has cute brackets cut into the tag allowing it to slide over a stick or in my case, a paper straw.  They are just adorable and were so quick and easy. 
 
I accented my tags with a rosette and pierced circles.  I love the rosette dies because they have the scored lines right there for you!  Super fast and easy to make!  Each rosette requires 2 die cuts, when they are folded each make 1/2 the bloom.  A tip when assembling the rosettes is to start one with the fold UP and the next with the fold DOWN.  This will allow them to nest perfectly when gluing together.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!  Here is a close up pic of the tags.
Card Deets:  
Spellbinders Supplies:  Build-a-Tag One die set (SCD-010), Pierced Circles die set (SCD-009), Rosette Blooms die set (SCD-011)
; Pattern Paper in Celebrations Print double sided pattern paper (SCP-016); Linen Thread (SCT-001)
Other Supplies: 
Sequins, buttons, rhinestones, paper straws and Brother P-Touch label maker 
Adhesive: Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares
NOTE: You can also find Spellbinders Celebra'tions line at the The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I taught for 37 years and never received a Back to School Gift. What a thoughtful thing for you to do, and I'm sure it will be most welcome. I wish I would have had your children in my class! Wonderful idea, too. You will love your fifth grader this year as that was my favorite grade. Awesome kids at this age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe that is great Michelle. Think your being too hard on yourself. Look at the positive, you collected all the items at the right time. The straws with the Rosette looks really cute instead of a regular tag. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun basket to give as a Teacher gift! I haven't done back to school gifts, just during, and at the end of the year. My son's 3rd grade Teacher is a man this year. Will have to switch up my paper crafting this year! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable and I guarantee you made a couple of teachers weekend wonderful. What at great idea for back to school!!! I've been a para ed (teachers assistance) for 20 years and last year a 1st grader made me homemade chocolate chip cookies, I was so so touched!!! First gift from a student ever!!!
    You've done well Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.