Monday, August 4, 2014

Circle Hello card

Hi everyone!!  It's been a long while since I've made a circle card, so I thought it was time to bust out my circle dies and make a friendship card.  The scale of the Flower Power 2 flowers are perfect for the card front.
I thought this happy colorful paper from My Mind's Eye would make the perfect backdrop for a friendship card.  The words are too cute!  I added a bit of washi tape across (it is the diagonal piece) and added some rhinestones for extra bling.
 
I often get asked how I make circle card bases and thought I would include a visual on how I make them.  There are a couple of ways to do this, but I find it easier to die cut 2 circles, score a line across the top of one circle -this circle will become the back of the card.  Then I fold it down and glue it to the top of the second circle.
Here is a side/back view
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!  Here is a close up of the die cut details.
Card Deets:  
Spellbinder dies: IN-034 Flower Power Two and IN-037 Celebration Two
Shapeabilities®, S4-249 Big Scalloped Circles LG, S4-114 Standard Circles LG and S4-116 Standard Circles SM Nestabilities®   
Paper: Bazzill Paper Basics, Marshmallow, Taffy and Spearmint Stick Card Shoppe cardstock; My Mind's Eye, Record It "just Splendid" 6x6 paper pad
Embellishments - Stamp Simply Ribbon Store: Sequins, Silver String, Silver Mirror cardstock, My Mind's Eye Washi Tape, Record It "Follow Your Heart"

Adhesive - Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue
NOTE: You can also find Spellbinders Die Templates at the The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. 



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Cute little Hello card Michelle. Love the paper and always your added bling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Michelle! That is exactly how I make my circle cards. I have been having fun playing along with the Dare To Get Dirty challenges with some of the items you sent my way. I particularly like the mint Chapstick. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore this, Michelle. May have to case it! Hope all is well with you - hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.