Monday, February 25, 2013

Super simple washi tape cards

Hi everyone!  I have a super easy challenge card to share.  First let me say, I have a washi tape problem.  Don't get me wrong, in the scheme of things having a washi tape problem is good compared to many others.  But I have WAY TOO MANY washi tape rolls and seriously don't use them enough. So when I saw this week's CAS study challenge card from the February Muse, Teri Anderson, I just knew I could use some washi tape and play along.

Here is Teri's card:
 And here is my super simple washi tape card.  You can see I kept with Teri's basic design and color scheme.
I changed the stamp set used, used washi tape instead of cardstock and changed the flowers location.
My tapes are from My Mind's Eye (which happens to be the majority of my tapes) and both the sentiment and little flower are from JustRite's stamp set Grand Sentiments.  OI accented the flowers with rhinestones in aqua, orange and light pink.

I had so much fun with this card, I made another!  This one uses Prima washi tape and some Prima flowers (from the Laraine, Perles and Charme Rose packs) and I used the same stamp set, Grand Sentiments.  I adhered the washi tape near the top like my first card and then turned the paper around by accident and decided I liked it better.  So I went with it!  Happy accident I guess.
Well, that's it for now.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.  Here is a close up picture.
Supplies can be found at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Saw one of these on the No time to stamp blog and had to come over for a closer look. I love the way you used the washi tape and a few embellishments to create some very striking cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Love the bright colors. Love the stamps and the font there made with. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beauties, Michelle! Love when you have a happy accident :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are AWESOME!! I also have lots of washi tape and never even use it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! You are quite masterful with washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card and Washi Tape, Ive been using it a lot lately and love the results. Great idea on your cards and Teri's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first card is beautiful, but I think the second one is absolutely STUNNING! Happy accidents are a crafters best friend huh?! Brilliant! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous washi tape cards - I love the pretty font of the sentiments, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Michelle!! This is amazing and makes me long for spring!! Thanks for inspiring me this morning!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE both of these! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I love both Michelle, but I have to say the second one really captured my attention! Maybe because I'm partial to beautiful, puffy flowers? :) Gorgeous, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey there sweetie! Wow! You rocked this with 2 lovely cards! Gorgeous take on the colours and large sentiments. LOVE the washi and stripes :) You are responsible for my washi addiction...just so you know ;) THanks for playing with us over on CASE STudy...miss you :) ox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card - congrats on your top 3 at CASE study!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.