Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Have a beautiful day

Hi everyone!  I am back again with another card I originally shared on the CardMaker blog on April 30th.  This assignment was to share a favorite tip of mine.  My tip was to show how to color my rhinestones with a Copic marker!  This is a great way to get matching rhinestones for your project every time.
Here are a couple things I have learned over time that may be helpful:
    1. Choose a marker with a darker color than you want it to be. The rhinestone takes color, but it ends up lighter than if the marker is coloring white paper.
    2. Apply the color evenly as the color can come off if you run the marker back over it. I usually smoosh my marker on the top and circle my way down all the way to the plastic sheet.
    3. You can easily change your shade of color by taking another marker and coloring over it.
    4. Let the ink fully dry and then lightly tap the rhinestone with your finger to make sure all the extra ink is off. Otherwise, you can end up with a mark on your paper if you move your rhinestone around like I tend to do.
 
I keep a handy little cheat sheet of colors that I use the most. You can also color pearls and foam Thicker letters!
And here was the card I made.  The flowers are from various Spellbinders dies (listed below), the sentiment is from Unity Stamp Co, Follow Your Own set, and the paper is from My Mind's Eye.
Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!  Here is a close up picture.

Supplies used: Cardstock from Gina K. Designs; Follow Your Heart “Be Happy” 6 x 6 paper pad from My Mind’s Eye; stamp set from Unity Stamp Co.; ink pad from A|Muse Studios; clear rhinestones from KaiserCraft; #85 Crystal ultrafine glitter from Art  Institute Glitter Inc.; Bitty Blossoms (#S5-086), Bauble Blossoms Two (#S5-104) and Standard Circles SM (#S4-116) die templates and die-cutting machine from Spellbinders™ Paper  Arts; Copic® markers from Imagination International Inc.; Star Dust Stickles from Ranger Industries Inc.; 1/4″ Scor-Tape™ from Scor-Pal® Products

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Seriously I can't be the first person to leave a comment, is that because I'm up to early, LOL!!!
    Love you blog post today, the mini tutorial on coloring embellishments is great, I can't wait to try it!!!
    Beautiful card by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty my friend!!! Hope all is well with you! Did you see the trailer for BDII...oh my WORD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! and you are sooo organized...wanna come over and help me sort my scrap-crap?

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.