Wednesday, May 16, 2012

CardSwaps: Unscramble It blog hop, Time to Shine

Hi everyone!  Welcome to the a special blog hop, today the CardMaker blog team was asked to hop along with CardSwaps.  For those of you don't know, CardSwaps is a forum connected with CardMaker magazine which has challenges, games, recipes and chatting!  I am very excited to play along today.

Today's theme is Time to Shine which focuses on glittery, shimmery stuff and we were asked to make a card for an occasion you would see on a "Time to Shine" day, such as graduation, wedding or birthday.  I chose to make a simple wedding card because that was my most special day that I shined!  My card is shiny in several ways.  It's hard to photograph, but the main white and dotted panel are matted to Silver Mirror Cardstock!  It tends to photograph as black, but it's so pretty and shiny IRL.  I also have a thin strip of Scor-Tape with glitter and there are stickles on my flowers.
This card uses the lovely stamp set, Vintage Rose Medallions from JustRite Papercrafts with the coordinating Spellbinders die templates.  For the sentiment, I die cut it in the smaller shape and hand cut using an Xacto knife around the roses part and tucked the top and bottom ends underneath.

So here is the twist, today's hop is an Unscramble It Hop.  Which means all participants were assigned a LETTER for our blog post so write them down, and you will unscramble a word or phrase once you collect them all.  The last hostess in the blog hop will direct you to the thread in the CardSwaps forum where you can find all the details you need to enter the drawing.  On May 23rd, one lucky hopper will have their name drawn and will win a prize!!  Fun, right?? I have a couple hints for you: it’s a phrase, it has four words, and it’s a way you will be able to shine.
 
My letter is:  A

If you came from Ana's blog, you are in the right place.  Here is the complete list of hoppers, in case you got lost along the way:
The next stop on the hop is Judy!  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the hop!  I'll leave you with a close up picture.
Card Deets:
Stamps - Vintage Rose Medallions (JustRite Papercrafts)
Paper - Sky and Sugar cardstock (A|Muse Studios), Silver Mirror Cardstock, Be Amazing 6x6 pad (My Mind's Eye)
Accessories - Stickles (Ranger Ink), Copic markers, Crystal Ultrafine glitter (Art Glitter Institute), 2mm and 3mm clear rhinestones (Pizzazz Aplenty)

Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I know what you mean about the paper. I end up taking several pictures and they just don't do the card justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo.. I love that little bit of bling at the bottom of the patterned paper strip. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just lovely! I love all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! I love the mirror card stock. Thanks so much for participating in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so pretty. I love the simplicity of it. It just makes it so elegant.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. Love your techniques and that mirror paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulously done, Michelle. Lovely focal panel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The card is perfect, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Michelle! Love the mirror paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I love mirrored card stock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic wedding card! Love the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate to say it because it sounds so trite. But I love your card! I love simple cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done, Michelle - just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an elegant card!! The details are beautiful and makes a perfect card for a wedding. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card- so versatile! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful wedding card. I love the stamp set you used.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty! I love that mirror cardstock! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.