Sunday, May 15, 2011

A baby card and color challenge card to share

Hi everyone!  I have a new Spellbinders card to share!  I made this baby card as a sample for Stacey's recent Spellbinders HSN appearance.  My little card was sitting on the left side of the table.  Stacey's segment was bumped up do to the prior segment ending early.  Thus, my DVRing the show missed it!  So, if you happened to see my card, let me know :-)

The card uses the new Shapeabilities die templates, New Arrival, the Nestabilities Labels Seventeen, and the Jumbo Scalloped Border Petites (say that 5 times!).  The stork and baby were sponged while they were still in the die.  That way only the paper "embossed" gets color.  I have never done that technique before, it was one of the things I learned at the Spellbinders retreat.  Cool huh?  The adorable pattern paper is from Graphic 45, the Baby 2 Bride collection.  So pretty and soft! 
Next up, is a card I made for this week's SCS Color challenge 322.  I rarely have time to play along with SCS challenges anymore and I MISS THEM!  Anyway, this week's colors were Blushing Bride, Certainly Celery and So Saffron.  What great soft colors!  I used the cutie stamp set by Unity, Loolah (an Iron Orchid Designs co-brand). The pattern paper is Echo Park, Little Girl Collection and the ribbon is So Saffron.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Card Deets:
Ink - Vintage Photo distress (Ranger), Papaya Cream and Curry (ColorBox)
Paper - Cream cardstock (GKD), Baby to Bride "Unchained Melody" (Graphic 45)
Accessories - Stickles, Cream twill ribbon (May Arts), S5-025 Labels Seventeen die #4, S4-260 New Arrival, and S4-241 Jumbo Scalloped Border Petites (Spellbinders Paper Arts), Lippy Red rhinestones (KaiserCraft)

Stamps - Loolah Collection (Unity), Just Wanted to Say (Ippity Stamps) for sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - white cardstock, Little Girl collection pp (Echo Park)
Accessories - S4-293 Lacey Circles and S4-114 Standard Circles LG Nestabilities (Spellbinders Paper Arts), copic markers, 3mm yellow gold pearls (Pizzazz Aplenty), Stickles

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Darling baby card and there is that fabulous circle card again - happy sigh... :) Love all that white space. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute Baby Card Michelle! Love it! Your circle card is so stunning too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Michelle!! Love the paper on that baby card!!! Your circle card is gorgeous, love how you use the white space!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.