Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Special birthday, some demo and a Featured Stamper

Hi everyone!  Long tome no post!  I survived Bill's family reunion, or I should say I survived the SPIDERS and BUGS -LOL!  For those of you in the Pacific Northwest, we stayed at the Anderson Lodge in Ariel Washington, just outside of nowhere... uh, I mean Woodland, WA.  It is a wonderful little place with plenty of fun stuff to do both at the lodge and nearby.

ANNNNNDDDDDD, I am in day 2 of my kitchen remodel!!  I am so excited!  Yesterday the floors came up, light and wall fixtures came out, we planned out the new electrical layout, bought supplies, etc!  TODAY the little wall comes out!  Here is a pic of the wall that is going bye-bye.

Here it is before:

Here it is all striped out, (Bill did this all by himself!!), yep that is forest green paint you see.  The ENTIRE kitchen was that color when we moved it:

Here it is demo'd:


Believe it or not, I do have 2 cards to share.  Tomorrow is my sister's 40th birthday and she wanted a special card.  Being short on time and energy, I case'd a fav card of mine.  This card uses Basic Grey's Cappella papers, the amazing velvet ric-rac and 1.5" silk ribbons.  The sentiment is a combination of PTI's Birthday Basics and JustRite Special Occasions 15 pt font.  I think it turned out pretty good considering I was really finagling the stamps!

This next card is for this week's SCS featured stamper challenge, to case Cookiebaker. What an amazing gallery! I chose this super cute card to case.  I changed the images, ribbon treatment and pattern papers. I used the butterflies from Verve's new set, Blue Skies and the pattern paper is again Basic Grey, Cappella.  The sentiment is from Big Wish and the butterfly trail is from a Zva Creative rhinestone package.

Well, that's all for now.  I will post more remodel pics as things progress.  I won't have many cards to show before the end of the month.  Things are humming right along here at the Woerner house!

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Michelle! COngrats on your kitchen remodel!!
    Have you seen Eclipse yet? I saw it twice and it was HEAVENLY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Michelle! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the 'after' pics!
    Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your cards. What I would love to spend a day with you and learn a whole lot. . . .your cards inspire me to make new designs. . . .as for the remodle, can't wait to see the pictures are you progress. . . .would love to be remodeling my kitchen too!!!
    Thanks for sharing your talents!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards!!! Woo Hoo on the kitchen starting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning cards Michelle! I love all the detail and cute colours on the first one! Looking forward to seeing the finished pics of your new kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! I love a remodel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh,Roomie.... how exciting to be remodeling your kitchen....keep the pictures coming!!!! I love your beautiful cards, too....they are both drop dead gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards! Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound and now get to enjoy kitchen renos! Hopefully you aren't experiencing the heat wave we are right now. As for no kitchen sink, paper plates all the way :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle
    I love your sisters card! I so get the remodel thing....and no kitchen sink, plain STINKS! Can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable cards Michelle ~ specially love your sister's birthday card and I'm sure she's going to love it!!!

    Best of luck on the remodel and can't wait to see it finished!!! We just finished two bathroom remodels and happy it's done! Everyone kept telling me it was going to be worth all the headaches and chaos and yes, they were right! Love how they turned out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Girlie - the demo is going great!!! Can't wait to see it all finished!! :) LOVE your cards, they are soooooo beautiful!!! Now I'm not 40 yet, but I would love to receive something that gorgeous when I do!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.