Sunday, July 11, 2010

Kitchen remodel Day: 6

Hi everyone!  Well, it's day 6.  I have 2 words for you:

DUST
ALLERGIES

It's 11:15pm and I am currently waiting for primer to dry, so I can paint my walls in preparation of the CABINET INSTALL tomorrow!  Yes, installation!!

Aside from painting literally at midnight (why my contractor showed up today at 2:30 to finish the sanding, mudding and texturing is anyone's guess) I am super excited to get SOMETHING new and pretty in my kitchen, I probably couldn't sleep anyway.  The install will take 2 days and I am beyond excited!

Tomorrow I have to steal away an hour or so and look for some under cabinet lighting.  I am stumped.  I know I want Xenon lights, but am unsure of the brand, or even how many to span my cabinets.  Anyone have some reviews/advise to share?  I am looking at some low profile Priori Xenon from American Lighting and at the thin line lights from American Florescent.

EDITED: I was contacted by Pegasus Lighting (thank you Chris!) and told that both of my choices are THE SAME light!  Hahaha!  I guess my decision is made!

No pics today.  Trust me, everything is so ugly I can't bear to show it.  OK, well no uglier than on Day 4 pics I guess -LOL!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Michelle -

    Thanks so much for the link to our Xenon Thin Line Voltage Under Cabinet Task Light product. You mention in your post that our product is from American Fluorescent. Actually, the product that you linked to on our website is also the Priori fixture from American Lighting.

    Plus, I love this fixture! I think it is a great choice. I recently moved into a new home and installed these very same under cabinet lights (in Brushed Steel) in my new kitchen. They are great and we get tons of compliments from visitors. I also wrote a blog post (with pics) on our Pegasus Lighting blog about my under cabinet lighting project (http://blog.pegasusassociates.com/2009/11/new-home-project-under-cabinet-lighting/).

    Good luck with your kitchen! Let me know if we can help you in any way with any lighting questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I remember 11 years ago getting my new cabinets in :) I felt like a little girl getting a new Fisher Price kitchen...all excited and giddy :) Can't wait to see the new digs!! I will be looking at the details for ideas for when we build!! ;) hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a link to the under cabinet lighting we purchased about 2 years ago. We got them at Home Depot and have not had any problems with them. They don't show so that is nice.
    http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xg6/R-100384836/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH - sorry about the Dust Allergies!! Not fun! :( YAY on the lights - sounds like you know exactly what you want!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.