Friday, July 9, 2010

Kitchen remodel: Day 4

The remodel is pluggin' along!  Making some real progress with only 2 problems so far.  Could be worse considering today is day 4.

Monday and Tuesday the cabinets will be installed.  I may not have the drywall textured and painted by then - trying not to panic.  LOL!  

Wednesday the floors.  I. CAN'T. WAIT.

Here is my kitchen now.  This wall will have the sink and dishwasher.  All this plumbing will be moved to the left a couple feet (today?).
Needless to say, we had some wiring issues!  My stove is doubling as a workbench -heehee!
 Here is where my fridge will be moved to.  To the right was the wall that was knocked down.

Here is an old piece of cabinet my contractor is using for a work bench.  See why the remodel?  These poor cabinets are old and UGLY!

Much to my sadness, I have NOT had a chance to see Eclipse.  It opened while I was at Bill's family reunion and since my return there has been my remodel.  I am patiently waiting for a day that I don't have to be here AND have someone to watch the boys.  I'm afraid it will be weeks.  I know, just about blasphemy for a die-hard Twi-mom like myself!  Sigh... Edward will still be there when I have time.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. FUN... can't wait to see the end result... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Can't wait to see the new cabinets! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are well on your way and I can't wait to see the final product!! Hang in there in the meantime! Catch a late night showing of the movie on a Friday or Saturday night so you can sleep in a bit the next day and not have contractors there first thing in the morning LOL! It's very well done and my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nooooooooo!!!! You haven't seen Eclipse yet!!!! Man - Edna and I were there for the midnight session (after watching the Twilight and New Moon showings beforehand ;) ). Looks like the demo (or reno as we would call it) is going well - love the workbench! :) Ahhh....it's going to be AWESOME when it's finished!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.