Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Stef makes me smile and copic storage

Hi everyone! A quick post today. I had time last night to play along with this week's Featured Stamper, SmilynStef! She is such a fun person who is very talented AND very generous with her comments around the galleries and blogs.
I chose a tree to case. I changed the paper and the image, but really kept with the feel of the card. I used Cosmo Cricket, Earth Love. The image is from Miss Anya Dressy from The Greeting Farm and the sentiment is Verve's Thankful Hearts. I colored her with my copics and decorated the card with some accent pearls and buttons! I even did some stitching. To get her to "sit" on the bottom piece of cardstock, I cut her legs out but kept the sides in tact. Then I slid her legs over and popped out the upper part of the panel. Looks kinda cool. Here is a detail pic of the buttons.
 
I received several emails and questions about the Copic Marker storage I showed yesterday, so I also wanted to give you all some more details. The white organizer pieces are from JetMax, their white storage cube system.
I got all mine at Craft Warehouse on sale for $20 a cube. The one I use for my Copics is called the Embellishment Center. Here is my entire piece. I have 2 side by side. Most of my PTI ribbon are on the top bar, the next shelf holds my Martha Stewart ribbon and Oregon Raindrops, next one has my Nestabilities in CD cases, pencil/pen/file/stuff holder and my stickles and shimmerz, with the bottom holding my Copics.
I use clear bookends that I found at IKEA for dividers within the white cube bottom. Then, to further separate the markers, I slid in some Cuttlebug embossing folders that I rarely use. Not the prettiest, but it works! Here is a close up pic and one of the bookends. Well, thanks for stopping by and have a great evening!!

19 comments:

  1. This card is DARLING, Michelle!! I love how you store your Copics!!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the colors you pulled from the Earth Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you have her legs hanging down :D I just love the fall colours so this card is a shoe in for me LOL! Lovely DPs and buttons as well as coloured image. Lovely touch with the pearl in her bow.

    Great storage units and organization. Love how you recycled the Cuttlebug EF :D I got a MM one from Mike's at 50% off. Looked at the ribbon ones but I have so much I would need about ten of them to put it all on LOL! Rereading Twilight as company is occupying my stamping room (aka out guest room) and I've been up late reading just like I did last Christmas. Wish she'd write the book from Edward's perspective like she started! Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet and adorable. Perfect papers/colors and what a great image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet, adorable card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you purchase your Copic markers? I have tons of stamps that I need to color in and I've been looking for them in local scrapbook stores, but so far Archiver's is the only I know that carries them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card Michelle! I love that Anya and how you have her little legs popped up, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, WOW...this is such a sweet little card. I love the papers you used and that little image is just adorable. Your coloring is just superb. I am just collecting Copic and have a lot to learn, that is for sure. I also love, those little buttons, just gorgoues!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is excellent idea

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on the storage - looks great too! And luuurve the lovely Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. just too cute!!!! love how you made her sit like that, colors and papers are perfect and LOVE the addition of the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. CUTE... Oh she is darling, again love how everyone else can use buttons... Have a wonderful New Years girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a precious card, Roomie....I just love that adorable little girl image and just look at all your wonderful sewing!!!!!! You have a great storage system, too...you need to come over and get me organized!!!! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks...Whoohoo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm back and catching up on my blogging! Michelle, this card is absolutely DARLING!!!!! Sweet image and stunning colouring and perfectly matching paper and buttons!!!! You are the button Queen my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH - and your storage is FANTABULOUS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card. I love the colours and the pretty buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your organization. Could you do a video of your craft room on Youtube? My name is iamgodgirl on Youtube. My email is robin-lw@hotmail.com.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.