Friday, August 21, 2009

Rome wasn't built in a day...

... and neither are MY CARDS!! LOL!!

Hi everyone! I have a couple sketch challenge cards to share today. This first card uses Mercy's Tuesday sketch #35 and Verve's new coffee set, Delightful and Delicious.

I thought I would show you a pic of my crafting area after I made this card. It took me FOREVER! Seriously, all night. Coffee? Tea? Which color? Where to place the cups on the image panel? Look at this---->

I tried lots of ribbons, stamped and cut out the cups colored in various colors. I don't know if you can see, but when I am stumped on how to arrange images on a panel, I trace it out with a pencil on scratch paper and practise stamping stuff on it (on the lower right corner of stuff).

Soooo, here's how the card ended up! I like how it turned out. I used some of the Cosmo Cricket Early Bird. YUMMY!

AND I was just reading my girl Jodi's blog and she mentioned her new obsession is Cosmo Cricket - well, ME TOO! LOVE this stuff! I think the color palette with Early Bird are perfect for coffee/tea/kitchen type cards!

I stamped the sentiments and cup in SU Chocolate Chip. I have found that I can use Copic markers with SU dye ink. Cool!!

This next card is part of the week long celebration of sketches going on at the MojoMonday sketch blog. This one is MojoMaria turned on it's side. I am still a bit iffy on this -specifically my horizonal pattern paper choice, but it's glued down now, so I guess it stays!

The cutie image is Miss Ayna Dressy from The Greeting Farm. I colored her with copic markers with some light sponging and used some more of my Basic Grey Lemonade paper. The bottom panel was punched with the Upper Crest border punch (another one of my current obsessions).

Oh and while I was snapping a picture of my stamping area, I took one of my Copic Marker storage. I use one of the Desk Organizer Cube pieces from Making Memories. Instead of using the 2 organizer baskets that came with it, I put in 2 clear bookends from IKEA and just slide my markers right in on their sides. I have them separated into 3 color categories. I can fit SOOO MANY using this method. I think I could actually fit every single Copic marker in this cube (I WISH I had every single one!)!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Card Deets:
Stamps: delightful and delicious
Paper: ridinghood red, white, early bird DP, more mustard
Ink: chocolate chip, more mustard for sponging, close to cocoa for steam
Accessories: Upper Crest border punch, blossoms and rectangle nesties, silver pearls, copic markers

Stamps: Miss Anya Dressy
Paper: White, Lemonade
Accessories: Black gingham, silver pearls (Michael's), upper crest border punch (Fiskars), corner rounder, copic markers

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Well it may have taken you forever to make this card - but it sure turned out FANTASTIC!!!!! LOVE that paper you've used (must go find some of that!) and the whole design looks gorgeous!!!! Your second one is so sweet!!! Love how you used the Lemonade paper (I've yet to cut mine!) As for your storage and all those copics....well picture me green!!! LOL!!! ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the coffee card - your work always turns out great and always has such a clean line look to it - very envious of all those copics!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards, Michelle!!! I love that new Verve teaset!!! Great coloring and detailing. Thanks for the storage idea, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! I Luff them both! The Early Bird is Perfect for Coffee/Tea, so true! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your storage solution for Copics. (And I love the Miss Anya card!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards I like them both but am really drawn to the Coffee card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought the new verve coffee set D&D. It is waiting foe me at home and I can't wait to use it. Yours looks "Delicious and delightful". :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful cards. Great storage for the copics too! Don't we all wish we had them all. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK...so I am TOTALLY going to case that coffee card! I am so glad you share my cc obsession (it is the only paper I want to use and I JUST got Earth Love, The Boyfriend and Jolly!!) LOVE these!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.