Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Raspberry color challenge #15

Hi everyone! I took a small break today from redoing my boy's play room while they are with my mom this week! I'll take a couple pics to post, but it is BRIGHT! I painted the walls Green Galore and Ballet Blue (anyone else think in terms of SU or PTI colors?)!! I seriously thought my sister was going to PASS OUT when I opened the paint can -LOL!! The accents are all Yo-yo Yellow and Real Red -FUN FUN FUN!
Anyway, on to my challenge card. This is for Dawn's Raspberry Color challenge #15. The colors this week were Spring Moss, Melon Berry, Pink Hibiscus and cream. By now, I have almost all the PTI colors in cardstock, but very little in ink or DP. So I found that a way to get custom DP is to emboss the cardstock in clear! Presto!

This card uses the dotted background from Verve's Bountiful Backgrounds. I stamped it on Melon Berry and embossed it in clear. I used it as a strip at the bottom and used the smallest blossom dies on it too. The bloom on the left has a circle of cream that I distressed a bit and randomly dragged the edges in versamark and also embossed in clear.

I stamped the stems and leaves with Verve's Thankful Blossoms set (my go to for these!) and the sentiment is from Verve's Fluttering By. The center buttons and Kaiser pearls are from Heidi's store (Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts).

Oh and P.S. see the embroiderary floss I used on the buttons? I made a total SCORE at the Goodwill yesterday and found an entire craft box filled with different colors for $2!! Woot!

Before I head back to the playroom, I wanted to mention that Verve's Project Parade is going on right now! Stop by and see what the Divas have cooked up as a Hostess Gift! Thanks for stopping by, see you later in the week.

Card Deets other than mentioned above:
Paper - vintage cream, spring moss, melon berry, hibiscus burst, spring moss bitty squares and dots
Accessories - Hibiscus burst bitty dotted satin (PTI), Upper crest border punch (Fiskars), circle nesties, sewing machine (yes, again!)


Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!! Love the way your buttons ar eoff center a little...and the pink pearls on the leaves!! LOVE IT LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is stunningly beautiful!! Love how you made the button flowers and all the stamping you did :) I love mixing verve with PTI :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo beautiful - Michelle!!! Love what you've done with the colors!!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Michelle! Way to work those colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet card, the flowers are gorgeous! Awesome use of the colors!

    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you know how to do a challenge! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous Michelle! You did an awesome job with these colors! Way to rock Dawns challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super sweet card, Michelle...the colors are sooo pretty and I love your little flowers!!!! Your boys room sounds AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see the pictures!!! I know they will just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card. I especially love the pearls on the leaves - nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh, oh, ohh, ohhhhhh! GOODNESS, what a gorgeous and sweet little card! Your work ALWAYS blows me away! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very pretty and creative love the scallops and buttons
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice job Michelle, love how you built the flowers and carried the colours across your little creation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Michelle!!! I just love how you use colour and of course the buttons and ribbon are fabulous!!! Fantastic way to make your own DP too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super sweet card, Michelle! I love the flowers you created!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fascinating idea to get the right ink color! Love your button flowers with the dotted stems, just so classy!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sp springy! Cute flowers and I just think the button centers are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ya know, I am really enjoying your raspberry suite challenges, your cards turn out great and the color combos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.