Saturday, May 16, 2009

Raspberry colors, a clean and simple layout, and another limelight post


Hi everyone, happy Sunday! I have a couple cards to share with you. This first one is for Dawn's Raspberry Suite color challenge -to use Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate and White. What fun colors! I immediately thought of what a fun birthday card they would make. The sunburst image is from Verve's Wishful Elegance set and the sentiment is PaperTrey's Birthday Basics.

This card was super easy to make. Just pull out all the circle punches you own and start punching your scraps!! There are 2 scored lines on either side of the ribbon. See that cute little bow? I made it from the Bow Easy! Oh man oh man, perfect bows everytime I tell ya! I bought it from Sharon's Stamp Simply store. She is out of stock now, but ordering more as fast as she can.


This next card is a sketch from the Clean and Simple blog. I am new to this blog, but I like it as they have "fall to layout" every week and lots of CAS card samples throughout.

Now that I look at my card, it may not qualify as a CAS card persay, but I followed the sketch -honest!! LOL! Isn't this beaver (is that what he is?) the cutest? I have had this chipboard piece for some time now and finally found a sketch to accomodate it! The DP and chipboard is from DCWV Green Stack. I love all the woodland creatures in this line and the papers have such fun colors to them! The ribbon is from Heidi's store and the Kaiser pearl is from Flourishes.


Today is my second week as the Flourishes Limelight designer. Here is a tiny peek of one of my cards. You will have to hop on over to the Flourishes blog to check out my MIM/LIM cards. Can you guess which set I used from the peek??

Stay tuned as I will be back with some Featured Stamper cards. I need to play catch up from celebrating a good blogging friend's week (yes, Kathy, it will get made -LOL) AND my roomie, Joan Ervin, is chosen as today's FS!! Congrats roomie!! I have to look at some wall kitchen cabinets today then I can get to work.

Card Deets (Raspberry Suite):
Stamps - birthday basics, Wishful Elegance
Paper - Aqua Mist, Dark chocolate, Berry sorbet, white
Ink - Adirondack Espresso
Accessories - various circle punches, copic markers, berry sorbet twill ribbon, angel wings shimmerz, score pal, bow easy, circle nesties

Card Deets (CAS):
Stamps - sentiment from Fluttering By (Verve)
Paper - White, Wild wasabi, Green Stack DP
Accessories - chipboard, orange dotted organdy, tiny blue Kaiser pearl

Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your card for Dawn McVey's challenge. It's gorgeous!!!
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card for Dawn's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both cards! I just got this set from Verve. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely! Love all the circles :) Wonderful take on Dawn's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun coloring! I love all of your circle details as well. Fabulous job on the color combo.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of your cards Michelle, really !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the scoring you did on your color challenge card. I never thought to do that but rest assured I will for my very next card. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are wonderful but I really love the first one. between the scoring, ribbon and playful circles, it is a very *happy* looking card and layout, makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card with circles! Love the raspberry color! Your second card is so cute! I never heard about that blog challenge! Thank you for sharing the link, Michelle!
    And thank you for leaving a comment at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you embossed on either side of the ribbon. The way you placed the images on the card is very nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fabulous! I LOVE the LO on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two awesome cards Michelle!!! Love the layout and the scoring on the first (and I really want one of those bow easy thingys!!) and the second one is just adorable!! Wonderful cutting and love the flower out of the box and the fab ribbon!!! Your comment about making the card for my FS week made me smile - I look forward to seeing what you create!! Hope you had some luck with the cabinets!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job with the color challenge and yes, I LOVE that cute little beaver (I guess that's what he is, hee!). The cut out flower is such a great accent. Love the colors in the DP too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wanted to let you know I chose you as one of my favorite blogs,I have your blog award on my blog site.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh, Roomie, your cards are FAB!!! The colors on the first one are beautiful and I love the little critter in the second!!! You always so such awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! Love that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. BEAUTIFUL!!! Loved your cards! I am gonna peek at the link you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so cool. Very clean and simple, great cards Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a beautiful card and the layout works well. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.