Friday, May 15, 2009

It's the 15th again...

That means we say hello to 2 new Dirty Girls and say good-bye to 2 girls. This month welcomes Carolina (craftycaro) and Jennie (elliesmom)!! Congrats girls! This month's theme is Art for Every Woman, how wonderful! So be sure to hop on over there and check out the lovely creations and give all the girls some love. They work hard and stress over each and every project they make for the DD gallery, trust me every comment is treasured!

Today I will share a couple of my favorite projects from my second month as a Dirty Girl (June 2008). The theme that month was Fashion Follies. I was a bit skeeeerd when I first saw this theme -I mean fashion oriented cards? Eek, that was a first for me. But as the month progressed, I came up with several ideas that fit right in. Note that all the links I have are to the Fan Club forum of SCS and you need to be a member to access them. If you are not already a FC member, you can click here for the details.

This first card was a wedding card, you can see more details in my original SCS post . Nothing says fashion to a girl more than her wedding dress, right!? The image and sentiment are from Inkadinkado Wedding and is stamped on Shimmer White cardstock. The pearl hearts and silver cord are from Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts . The Sky paper is also shimmer and is embossed with the Swiss Dots folder.

This next card is one of my all time favorites! I still have it displayed on my stamping shelf. It just makes me smile. You can find more details in my original SCS post. The amazing lady silhouettes are actually from a FABULOUS piece of DP I found at Joann's. I fell in love with the Audry Hepburn feel to it.

This card is 5x7 and has a couple of the flowers from SU! Fabulous Flowers embossed with black and cut out. The black striped organdy ribbon is from Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts and the primas are from the Daisy Forever Flowers jar in Copper. Each lady is framed with a tiny bit of Barely Banana and black. The sentiments are from Technique Tuesday Words We Love set.

The last card is the MIM card from the MIM/LIM category of each month. You can find more details in my original SCS post. I got this amazing image from my friend Stacy (JBGreendawn). It's called Feminine Form by Impression Obsession. I made this card 5"x7" to accomodate the size of the image. The blush BG panel is stamped with French Script and sponged in pink. The corner accents are in Artichoke, and the DP and rose has touches of stickles on it. I colored the image with prismacolor pencils and the frame is outlined in the silver glitter pen. 5/8" organdy and silver cord are from Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Friday!

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. They're all gorgeous Michelle - and I have to say that wedding card is one of my favs from when you first posted it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo pretty. I love the embellies, the colours, the images... oh heck I like everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That it's such a beautiful Wedding card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You nailed the fashion theme with these cards. Love them all...but my favorite is the wedding card. Perfection!

    Thanks for the info on the lodge. We just HAVE to go...maybe this fall or winter when there's nothing else to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne-Marie TribbettMay 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM

    Beautiful cards!! Thanks for the inspiration! Looks like you had fun at Great Wolf lodge. Thanks for the pictures. We live fairly close in Salem and am hoping we can take our family there soon!
    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I especially love the wedding card. It's so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY! Your all time fav is not my all time fav! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy smokes you have been busy girlie! trying to catch up on blogs today. Love the wedding one with the hearts hanging down. the girls are totally cute and fun images. This last one is very chic, I like the hints of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.