Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Life is good and catching up on some Verve

Hi everyone! Well, today I managed to squeeze a bit of time to make a card. Still have to unpack and there is laundry in the washer AND dryer, but hey, I haven't made a card in about a week and just HAD to -kwim?

This card is for today's SCS sketch challenge. I decided to try my hand at covering some raw chipboard. I was inspired when I found 2 cute packages in the dollar section of J's from Colorbox. I have always been a bit stumped on how to cover these little buggars, but it was actually pretty easy. I glued them to DP, trimmed it with my craft knife and then sanded the edges. Time consuming, but easy.

I used SU! Raspberry Tart DP and some buttons from Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts. The sentiment is from the SU! Bright Delight rub-ons pack. The left side is embossed with a border embossing folder from the Cuttlebug Frills package. I then colored the embossed parts with prismacolor pencils -not too sure how I like it. There is alot going on with this card -LOL! But, it was fun to make a card, it has been too long!
I also have a couple of cards I made for last month's Verve release that I have yet to post. This first card uses my current favorite flower from Verve, the sunburst image from Wishful Elegance and the sentiment is from Because of You. I stamped the backgrounder on white in Pink Pirouette, creating my own DP. I colored the flower with Copics and used some Say It With Crystals by Prima in the center. I put tiny dots of stickles in each center of the pink background stamp. Very lovely IRL.
This next card is one of my favorites! I just love how the flowers, buttons and felt border came together. The large flower is the Plain Jane Elegant Flower and the smaller flowers and sentiment are from Because of You. The felt border and buttons are from Cosmo Cricket (from the uber kit I bought off QVC). I took the felt center stars and used them on the tag and bottom right corner. The DP is Pink Paislee.



Card Deets (sketch card):
Stamps - none
Paper - white, Rose red, Raspberry tart dp
Ink - none
Accessories - prismacolor pencils, gamsol, Frills border EP, rose red grosgrain, chipboard, buttons


Card Deets (Sister):
Stamps - Wishful Elegance and Because of You (for sentiment)
Paper - Pink Pirouette (SU!), Lemon Tart and white (Papertrey Ink)
Ink - Pink Pirouette, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Scalloped border punch (SU!), Stardust Stickles (Ranger), Copic markers, Say it in Crystals -flowers (Prima)

Card Deets (Friend):
Stamps - Plain Jane Elegant Flower and Because of You
Ink - Purely Pomegranite, Baja Breeze, More Mustard, Black (all SU!)
Paper - White, Pink Paisley DP
Accessories - Felt border, buttons (both Cosmo Cricket), Burlap String (Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts), Swiss Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug)
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Michelle. Love all the lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three cards are beautiful Michelle!! I really like the sketch challenge card and how you did the chipboard flowers ... looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great chipboard flowers! I have never done this myself, just covered coasters but may have to try it after seeing your great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. And, for the record, I love the coloring on the embossed flowers. I think it makes the card. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so springy and pretty. Great set! Sounds like your vacation was fun to. We have wanted to go up there and we might actually get there this summer. We will see. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.