Monday, February 2, 2009

Double dose of BevR!

Did you all see yesterday's Featured Stamper on SCS? It was BevR, who hails from England and MAN that girl has some serious talent! Her coloring and accessorizing abilities are amazing!

It took me almost an hour to decide on a card to case and I kept changing my mind. There were so many I wanted to try, I ended up doing 2 cards!!


The first card I chose is called Snow Baby . I changed the color scheme, image and used flowers instead of snowflakes. My card uses an image sent to me from my friend Janette from Pink Cat Studio, Basic Grey Urban Prairie DP, primas, flowers from TAC and the sentiment is from PTI Birthday Basics. I colored it with Copic markers and used crystal effects on the hat and box band. Here is a picture of some of the supplies I used.

Next, I chose Strawberries and Cream Cakew to case. I kept with the wedding cake and use of Basic Grey papers, but changed the image, paper pack, used pearls instead of bling and changed the sentiment panel.

The cake is colored with Copic markers, has Angel Wings Shimmerz on the pink flowers and liquid pearls on the 'dots' on the cake. The Primas are also painted with Shimmerz. The buttons are Basic Grey Bittersweet


Here is a close up of the cake and flowers. If you click on it, it will enlarge and you can see the liquid pearls and Shimmerz!

For those Twilight fans, I now have an Edward of the week picture on my side bar! Shamelessly, I stole the idea from my girl Jodi (kharmagirl). So, those of you with the Google Reader will have to click in and check it out!!

AND, for those of you who want to make simple Valentine cards using an online kit (just print and assemble), I want to give a shout out to my fellow Verve Diva Jen Tapler has created an amazing kit!! Check out her blog post here for all the details. You can purchase it for $5 on PaperCraft Planet, what an amazing deal!!

Card deets (Fancy cat):
Stamps: Pink Cat Studio cat image, birthday basics
Paper: cool caribbean, Urban Prairie
Accessories: copic markers, primas, organdy ribbon, teal bling, corner and word window punches, dimensionals, crystal effects


Card Deets (Cherish):
Stamps: Dollar Tree wedding cake stamp, Warm words
Paper: Sahara sand, Basic grey Bittersweet
Ink: adirondack pitch black
Accessories: Primas, buttons, pink liquid pearls, flat backed pearls, pink taffeta ribbon, shimmerz


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. WOW and WOW!!! Both cards are absolutely AWESOME!!! The kitty one is just adorable and love the colours and paper you've used! The second one nearly had me on the floor - so soft and pretty, I really want some of that bittersweet paper, but my LSS ran out! :(

    OH - and I LOVE your Edward pic!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out Michelle!!! I REALLY appreciate it! You're the best!! Super cute cards...and yep, that is a pretty yummy Edward pic! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards are awesome! I love the DP you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards. The second one is so soft, I love it!

    I see you have fully succumbed to Edward now too LOL! I just bought Meyers' The Host at Costco and will begin to read it just as soon as I finish Follett's World Without End. Julee T. said she liked this one more than Twilight so it will be interesting to see if I agree. Hard to believe anyone could match Edward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeoys cards, Michelle...I love that kitty image and the cake with the Shimmerz is sooo beautiful!!! Awesome work, little roomie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are both so pretty Michelle- awesome CASEs!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.