Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We interupt this "Twilight" break...

...to bring you this Jacksonbelle Tuesday challenge!! Every Tuesday the Jacksonbelle Embellishments DT brings you a challenge. This week the challenge is to use October Afternoon products -stamps, paper or BOTH! As always, you don't have to use JBelle products to play along, but if you don't have any why not click here and check it out? If you post to SCS, you can use the keyword, JBE036 so we can find them! 
 
My card uses the FAB October Afternoon paper from the Weather Vane line called Sweater Weather. For those of you new to OA paper, it is thick and double sided! I loved the soft blue tones of this paper and paired it with Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and Very Vanilla. The stamp is from Prima -yep, they have stamps too, and is called Giraffe. I colored the image with a couple Copic markers. The sentiment is from Verve Stamps, Family Phrases. After gluing everything down, I took my paper piercer, made 2 holes and then tied some silver cord around his neck. I then tied some more cord around each side of the sentiment panel to balance out the design. The stars were punched out with a combination of the large and small SU! star punches and the mini one is unknown.
This card uses this week's fabulous sketch by Jen, one of her Sketches For You To Try! She posts a great sketch every Saturday!
Here are some of the supplies I used.
You can hop over to the JBelle Embellishments blog for some more details. Don't forget to check out the other DT blogs for more lovely OA creations!
Twighlight update: Finished New Moon this morning, starting Eclipse!!!
Card Deets:
Stamps - Prima, Giraffe
Paper - Soft sky, blue bayou, very vanilla, October Afternoon -weather vane
Ink - Black Stazon
Accessories - star punches, silver cord and brads, copics, SU double stitched soft sky ribbon, CB flowers die and tags die, word window punch

22 comments:

  1. This card is so cute! I love this cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable baby card! Love all the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so adorable Michelle!! Love it!

    Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is totally adorable!! Great use of Jen's SFYTT too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling! I LOVE the giraffe - great coloring, and I LOVE LOVE the layout - and how you did the sentiment! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awh!!! how completely sweet is that! For some crazy reason I adore light blue checks (I think it is because I used it in my older DD nursery) so this just calls to my heart! It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card, Michelle! Great job!! I'm glad you are enjoying the books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card, it is adorable!!! Eclipse is fantastic --- ENJOY!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh Michelle, this totally ROCKS! I LOVE it! The giraffe is so cute and the gingham paper is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable!! Great colors and sketch too. So sweet! I almost bought the first Twilight book, but passed on it! Oh oh. Am I really missing out on something here?
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card! I like the way you offset the 2 stars instead of centering one inside the other--nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is totally adorable! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. super cute love that image and like the way you did the corner
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, this is sooo cute, Michelle!!! I love the little giraffe and what pretty soft colors!!! Love the great sketch, too...gotta try that one, for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulouc card, I just love it.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the punces and the colors are great together. Great job on the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  17. So adorable!! I love OA paper, and this giraffe is too cute. Love all those stars!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow!! How adorable!! What a sweet baby card with those stars!! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so adorable:o)

    I've been subscribed to your blog for awhile now and have enjoyed every post. If you are interested I have awarded you an award on my blog.

    TFS everything you do, your super talented:o)

    Oh and I'm on New Moon still.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is adorable, Michelle! I love all the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.