Monday, January 19, 2009

Taking a "Twilight" break

Ok, it was only a matter of time. EVERYTHING it seems is all about Twilight!! My GF Jodi (Kharmagirl) and the entire Unity Stamps DT rave about this series of books, the movie, and have you TRIED to get FaceBook Flair without it being something Twilight related?!?

Anyway, at the last Verve Stamps release party, I was chatting and shyly admitted I had never read the books... well, the girls informed me I simply MUST make the time! So, my mom has the boys staying at her house this entire week, and I thought this is it!

Yesterday, I read Twilight (LOVED it, fabulous, just as everyone said!!). I couldn't help myself, last night around 9PM, I drove to my sister's house and borrowed New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn (the rest of the Twilight saga). I figure, what the heck? I will spend the next several days doing NOTHING but reading -no stamping!! Make up for lost time. Oh, I will be back tomorrow to post a card for the Jacksonbelle Tuesday challenge, but that's it!!

Have a great day -I will!

14 comments:

  1. Oh you are going to LOVE them. Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle!!!!! I love the Twilight saga!!!! It is a fast read 'cause once you get started it is hard to put down!!!!! Good luck getting anything done while reading those!!!! Hugs to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You convinced me!! I received a Kindle Reader for Christmas and I've been wanting to find something perfect to read. Sounds like this is it!! Thanks for the plug!! I can't wait! We'll have to compare notes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, have fun, Michelle! Say hi to Edward for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! Welcome to the twilighters!!! Enjoy them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will love them they are excellent. I have them on audio books and have already been through them 2x. I went and seen the movie a few times too and already preordered the collectors edition of the DVD. I am completely hooked. Edwards is adorable. I can't wait till the next movie comes out next year... So how much i jabber when its about that series haha..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, confess: I've never read the Twilight books, either! And I'm a huge reader. Tell me, dear Michelle -- must I? I await your advice...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you!!! I read the entire series in a week!! I couldn't put it down!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO glad you are reading these, Michelle! I FINALLY caved in after 3 months of putting it off at Christmas and spent the next 10 days reading all four of the books. Think I'm going to have to re-read them all as I blew threw them so quickly I'm sure I missed tons.

    Just started Follett's World Without End and it took some time to get into it as my mind and emotions were still whirling and wrapped up in Twilight!

    As a side note, Julee said she liked The Host (also by Meyer) better than the Twilight series! Ack! Can you guess what I'll be reading once Follett is done LOL!

    Enjoy your week of reading and falling for Edward :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the madness! I read all 4 books over Thanksgiving weekend. I don't think I got out of my pjs or even checked to see that my kids got fed the entire weekend. Thankfully my dh had the whole weekend off so he watched the kids and let me read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I admit that I haven't read the books...do tell me all about then!!I may have to break down and get the series!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got bit, too?! :) I was ADDICTED for a couple of weeks. I truly enjoyed the saga! :) (I even wore my Cullen Crest to disneyland: http://joyofstamping.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2009/01/08/happy-2009-and-happy-birthday-cami/)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh!! Look who finally succumbed!! YEAH! I am so glad you like it too! Told ya it's amazing!! Now you have to get Carole to read them too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We saw the movie the other night, and now my son is reading the book...I might have to read it too before he takes it back to the library.
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.