Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Verve project parade day and a Verve round up

Today is my day to post my Kid at Heart project on Verve's blog. Here is a close up teeser picture, you will have to hop on over to the blog for the others and the details of my card!!

At the end of the month, I like to show all the Verve release cards that I didn't have time to post on my blog. Sort of a monthly round up if you will. I have 4 cards to share.



This first card uses the Hearts on Fire set. I stamped the image with Versamark ink and embossed it with chocolate brown embossing powder -there are pink gems accenting the swirls and embossed corners. The DP is Basic Grey Two Scoops and the ribbon is SU! Chocolate tafetta ribbon. Here is a picture of the inside:

This next card uses the Jeremiah 29:11 set. I used some Basic Grey Perphery paper and lots of primas, brads and buttons!!

This card uses the Meditations set. I really struggled with this card, not because of the set (it's GORGEOUS), it's just that I couldn't get it to turn out how I envisioned it in my head. So, I ended up doing some simple scoring at the top and bottom. And using Basic Grey Eva DP. The stamped images are colored with Copic markers and have Coal Shimmerz on them. They look a little silvery or something, but IRL, it's just sparkly. I added the black and green pearls for the finishing touch.

Lastly, this card uses this release's Plain Jane stamp called Comfort. I love this stamp. I get asked to make sympathy cards more than any other kind and this stamp works for almost any sympathy occasion. I used some of my FAV Memory Box DP called Sprout and my new Labels One nesties!! Some layered Grey tafetta/lavendar organdy ribbons and purple bling added the finishing touches.

I often get asked where I buy/get my Basic Grey DP. I almost always buy the 6x6 paper pads as they have the designs scaled to cardmaker size. I get some from my LSS, Craft Warehouse, but I get the majority of it online at Jacksonbelle Embellishments. Thanks for stopping by! I will be back later to post today's sketch challenge card!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. These are ALL wonderful Michelle! I must say that the colors on the Jeremiah 29:11 card are AWESOME! I absolutely love that color combination. I also love your card for today's project parade too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I was so inspired by your project card I had to make one too, if you have time check it out here:
    http://enjoythevasunshine.blogspot.com/2009/01/joy-for-mourning2-cards-in-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh they are all so pretty
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful crads! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All very pretty cards. I like the last one with the gray and pretty dp-great verse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Roomie, those are some fabulous designs....I love all the colors, papers, stamps, embellies....everything is sooo fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.