Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jacksonbelle Tuesday challenge

It's Tuesday, and time for Jacksonbelle Embellishment's weekly challenge. This week, to use STITCHING on your card -real, faux, stamped, whatever -just stitching! As always anyone can play along, you don't have to use JBelle products, but if you don't have any why not click here and check out the store? If you post to SCS, you can use the keyword, JBE037 so we can find them!
This challenge was tough for me, I am not a sewer (my sewing maching is in it's box in the garage -GASP!), so I opted for the stamped kind of stitching. Sassafrass Lass has a stamp set with all kinds of stitching borders and such, called Stitched Borders. The cupcake is from Inkadinkado, Birthday Cupcakes.

I did something different with the cupcake, this time I colored the image with Shimmerz Gold Glimmer and Wintergreen. I highlighted the sprinkles and bottom with copics and then painted on the Shimmerz. I love how it turned out, very sparkly with a hint of color! I also painted the Shimmerz Gold Glimmer on both primas. The DP is from Basic Grey, Urban Prairie -so love that pack, the colors are fantastic!! The sentiment is from PaperTrey Ink, Birthday Basics. Here is a close up picture, I am not sure if the sparkle shows up in the picture.

For the sketch, I followed Taylors Cupcake challenge TECC52TV -it's part of her anniversary celebration of sketches!
Here are some of the supplies I used.

If you haven't had a chance to check it out, I did a tutorial on Shimmerz awhile ago, you can check it out here. Don't forget to check out the other DT blogs for more lovely stitched creations!

AJ Otto
Card Deets:
Stamps - Birthday Cupcakes, Birthday Basics
Paper - Cool caribbean, Urban Prairie DP
Accessories - Shimmerz Gold and Wintergreen, copic markers, primas, buttons, SU scalloped border punch, oval nesties, aquapainter for Shimmerz
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. This is adorable. I love the buttons in the flowers and the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this...cheerful but still soft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle! I love it, love it, love it! That cupcake and those papers--perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh this card is so pretty!!! Love that paper and that gorgeous cupcake!!!! The stitching is wonderful and I love it on cards - I just don't do it much myself.....bit scared of the sewing maching!! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! The papers are so nice!!! Love stitching stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet colors...and the section of DP you used behind the oval is just perfect...looks like butterfly is about to land on the cupcake!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, it's official, I want to be you when I grow up Michelle!!! LOL!!! This is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic faux stitching, I love that look. I keep wanting to sew too but the thought of dragging out my machine is just too much!! Wonderful coloring and card design Michelle!

    I left something purdy for you on my blog, come see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Snap! This is CUTE!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the paper and it looks super cute with the cupcake!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the softness of this card--nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Ilove the colors, the cupcake, everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this card just makes me smile.....so light, airy, fun, charming and soft!!

    squirrellyshirley

    ReplyDelete
  13. very pretty love the papers and the colors
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  14. WAHOOO!!! I can finally comment!! I LOVE this card Michelle! LOVE the fun colors, layout, stitching rubon's! So cute! I LOOOOOOOOVE your simple cards at the top and all your beautiful Vervey ones too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.