Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mojo fun with felt and Sketch 213

I went to Michael's today... AND WHOA! They have some amazing stuff in stock right now. Their Dollar Section is rockin' and they have a WHOLE new section with Primas -oh be still my heart!

My friend, Pam made a cute card using their felt coasters and I just HAD to get my hand on some. I chose the yellow ones (they come 4 to a pack) and got some ribbon to match. I mounted it on white cardstock and put stickles all over it.

I used Julee's Mojo 71 sketch as it had the PERFECT sized panel for the coaster. The sentiment came from Verve's Beautiful You set. The punched butterfly is from Martha Stewart, Royal Butterfly (also bought today). The clear bling are from Kaiser Crafts.

Here is a pic of some of the supplies I used.






This next card uses yesterday's SCS sketch challenge (SC213) and Crafty Secrets weekly challenge (CSSC53), this week to use long lost stamping stuff!

I have had some Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Stickers forEVAH and never used them. I love how they help make the card easier to make. The prima is from the Sprites collection, the buttons and dotted organdy are from Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts and the BG stamp is Pretty Pattern from CHF.

I painted Angel Wings Shimmerz on the prima for some extra sparkle. I also used a couple of the stickers from the pack to decorate the inside of the card. Here is a close up shot of the flower and buttons.

Card Deets (mojo):
Stamps: Beautiful you
Paper: Summer sun, Lemon Tart (PTI), white
Accessories: MS butterfly punch, clear bling from Kaiser, Ribbon and felt coaster from Michael's, stickles

Card Deets (SCS):
Stamps: CHF pretty pattern BG
Paper: blush blossom, wasabi, celery, celery DSP
Ink: blush blossom
Accessories: Greeting and Sentiments stickers, buttons, ribbon, prima, dimensionals, shimmerz


Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Well Michelle, you should have said -- enabler alert at the top!! LOL! I want to go to Mikes now and see if our store has the felt coasters! They are fabulous and so is your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY MOLY!!!! Your mojo card is STUNNING!!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the felt coaster on the card. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards...don't you LOVE those coasters for cards?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, guess i better get to Michael's! this is gorgeous! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw those coasters today Michelle. And I didn't buy any! What the H was I thinking. I loved the pink with the flowers and yet I still left them. Going back. Lesson learned!! Have a good day Missy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!! Both cards are gorgeous --- but I just love that one with the coaster!!! How cool is that?!
    I have to ask --- what did you think of the end of Breaking Dawn?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving the coasters and what you have done with them and really like the second card the green and the flower great job
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are so pretty-love the CS sticker! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards , love the new blog look !

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG - I love the felt card - gorgeous!!! The Sketch card is another gorgeous creation - I love how you used the sticker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooooh, what pretty cards, Roomie....I am in love with the coaster...looks like I need to make a trip to Michaels!!! The CS challenge card is beautiful, too....I need to get out my CS's stuff and use them, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that vintage sticker...but that felt coaster is sooooooo stinkin' cool!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.