Monday, January 12, 2009

A doll inspired blue Valentine

This card is for the Flourishes current challenge, to make a card inspired by something in your home, the details are here. I knew immediately I wanted to make a card using my Madame Alexander Scarlett O'Hara doll.

I have been collecting Madame A dolls since I was a very little girl. Sadly, I don't have a place to display them anymore, but I MADE room in my craft area for my favorite doll, the Scarlett O'Hara doll. Isn't she lovely? I got the gold accents from the gold trimmed ribbon in her hair seen here.


She was perfect inspiration for making a non-traditional colored Valentine card, using shades of blue. This also works for my DDC weekly challenge, this week Francie G challenged to use 3 shades of the same color. I chose Brocade, Bashful and Brilliant blue.I embossed the heart image from Flourishes, Lace Heart set with gold EP. It is stamped on SU shimmer white and adorned with Latte Kaiser pearls. The prima flowers are sponged with gold kraft and then painted with Gold Shimmer Shimmerz. I embossed the background with the cuttlebug Swirls folder to mimic the lace on her dress. Some punched branches in gold cardstock and gold cord finish off this card. Here is a pic of the inside.


This card did NOT come together easlily, you should see my recycle bin!!! But, I love the end result -not every Valenting card needs to be in pink or red! LOL! Here is a close up pic of the flowers.


Card Deets:

Stamps: Lace heart
Paper: brocade, bashful and brilliant blue, shimmer white, gold cardstock
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: gold EP, rectangle nesties, gold organdy, prima flowers, gold brads, gold shimmer shimmerz, kaiser pearls, martha Stewart branches punch


11 comments:

  1. Oh my word, this is incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GASP!!! Michelle, this is STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and stunning.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The doll is beautiful as is your card-lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous card Michelle, love the hint of gold on the flowers, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You totally captured the inspiration piece in your card. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Michelle I love this one! That is a great heart image and the gold embossing really enhances the elegance of it

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your inspiration. I collect Mad.Alexander dolls too.
    Pattyjo

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.