Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Countdown to Verve's Holiday Release!

I love the countdowns to Verve's releases, Julee always has great challenges for everyone to play! This release is no exception. This month Verve is releasing 6 new sets and 3 Plain Janes. Each month Julee outdoes herself, and this release is no exception -just stunning!!
Starting today and running through Saturday the 8th, Julee will be posting a sketch challenge in the Verve forum of SCS. If you play along today, you can qualify to win the new set Poinsettia Christmas. If you play along each of the 5 days, you will be qualified for a random drawing to WIN ALL THE RELEASES! A value of $99. Two (2) lucky participants will be chosen! WooHoo :-)

This card combines today's color challenge on SCS of Ridinghood Red, Pretty in Pink, and Kiwi Kiss and today's sketch (keyword: VSHR1). I am running dangerously low on Thank You cards, so I decided to make a butterfly TY card. I love how this turned out, kinda clean, easy to make. I used Verve's Fluttering By. I stamped the butterfly out 2 times and cut one out and painted Shimmerz on the body and wings. The ribbon is layered with satin and the Ridinghood Red taffeta. Instead of a bow the sketch called for, I used my Martha branch punch and tucked the ends under the square panel. The sentiment is from Verve's Artful Elegance. The DP is SU! Bella Rose.
Check out all the Vervey Sketch challenge fun on this thread.

Card Deets:
Stamps - fluttering by, artful elegance
Paper - ridinghood red, kiwi kiss, pretty in pink, Bella Rose
Accessories - green gem brad, MS branch punch, ribbons


4 comments:

  1. Love your card Michelle - great minds think alike!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little butterfly with the dots. Like the punched branches-neat idea. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Michelle, I love the butterfly, it's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.