Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mad for plaid for Dad

Today's Ways To Use It challenge (WT188) on SCS is Mad for Plaid -to use plaid in any way. Well, perfect timing. While the boys are at preschool today I was planning on making my dad a birthday card which is next week. This stresses me out every year! My dad is a manly man who lives WAY out in the sticks on a ranch. Seriously, the driveway is over 1 mile long, straight up hill. Lots of jokes about walking home from school -LOL!
Anyway, I have already made him cards using Bronco Buster, Classic Pickups, Classic convertibles. I was pretty stumped! But I pulled out the brown and tan plaid paper from Hot off the Press and my Just Rite stampers kit. I made him a set of note cards using his initials using the Times New Roman font -very masculine. He does some business from time to time, so I thought he could use these for various occasions. The 7/8" choc grosgrain and caramel brads are from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts.
This set is pretty straight forward and masculine. I hope he likes them!

Card Deets:
Stamps - Just Rite stampers Times New Roman font
Paper - Choc chip, creamy caramel, bravo burgundy, HOTP DP
Ink - Choc chip
Accessories - ribbon, circle nesties, brads

Pin It


  1. Oh Michell, I'm totally loving this one! You are giving me some ideas with this design for some masculine cards. Boo hoo, I'm working on a project that is going to take a few days, just hope I can remember to come back to this then! {{{{{hugs}}}}}

  2. A really great card for a male! I love the plaid and those brads are just the right finish for this too!