Friday, September 26, 2008

Taylor's sketch to the rescue!

-heehee! I needed to make a birthday card for Bill's brother today and was a bit stumped. Taylor's Cupcake sketch to the rescue. I know I do alot of truck cards for masculine birthdays, but hey -they are so perfect. I have a small stash in my PIF and RAK box and they are my 'go to' images for masculine birthday cards.

I was digging into my DP for the card and found the Designer Prints in Blue Bayou and realized I have NEVER used it! So, I chose the argyle pattern for the 4 background squares. I colored the image with my Copic markers -getting better... To make the ribbon a bit more masculine, I put a small piece of Hodgepodge Hardware on it and used some of the brass brads from Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts that are a perfect match. Believe it or not, the brads from my kit are too dark and don't look good with the pieces at all. Huh!


Card Deets:
Stamps - Classic Pickups, Canvas BG, Verve Stamps -so happy, happy thoughts
Paper - blue bayou, choc chip, creamy caramel, white, DSP in blue bayou
Ink - choc chip
Accessories - copic markers, ribbon, hodgepodge hardware, brads








Pin It

5 comments:

  1. What a great masculine card! You can never go wrong with a car...at least not in my hubby's family!! Love the striped ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Michelle! Your coloring is awesome... such a perfect masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. I love the colors and the ribbon you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful masculine card -- love the colors and the image -- great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll say masculine! The argyle has it and so does the car and that spiffy buckle~ Terrific.

    ReplyDelete