Sunday, September 7, 2008

I took the COPICS plunge!

And man was it scary!! LOL :-)

For months, I have been seeing all the wonderful coloring and reviews about Copics and have been very intrigued. But as most of you know the cost is CRAZY! So on a whim I checked out the Buy/Sell/Trade forum on SCS and found some listed (waving to Melissa -thanks!).


So here they are, 40 Sketch Copics - in all their lovely splendor! My first attempt at coloring the other day (on a pumpkin) was a disaster. But, I picked myself back up and tried again today. I will post my featured stamper card next. It was more of a success, in part because I used a color that I had several shades of which allowed for blending. So, any tips for me? I have already figured out NOT to use Versafine Black Onyx ink. And I have been reading Marianne's blog I Like Markers along with tons of other good stuff on the internet, honestly enough to make your head spin. So, if anyone has a couple quick tips I would love to hear them!!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice - can't wait to see your beautiful cards using Copics. I bought the Memento ink - that works really well. And the Neenah paper. Here is a great blog - by a professional :) http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got copics...I've got advice. #1...most important...don't get discouraged, keep practicing and in time they will become your most fav tool you own. #2...ink/paper...brilliance black and papertrey paper is my fav combo. I do however, like the copic paper that stamping bella sells and a ton of people like the neenah but i don't really care for that one as much. #3...if you are going to blend put your lightest color down first with a heavy coat, you want to see it bleed thru to the other side, then start adding your darker colors blending the edge with the lighter color. and work fast! these are alcohol so they dry quickly on your project. the more you practice, the faster you will get.

    you will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo.....YUMMY! Don't ya love 'em??!!! I just have a few and LOVE the way they color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! love my Memento Tuxedo black. NO smear at all!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.