Friday, April 12, 2024

Spellbinders Glimmering Buttercups - 2 card designs

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing 2 cards using the Glimmering Flowers collection by Spellbinders.This collection features two A2 sized floral glimmer plates, 1 glimmer sentiment plate with dies and a coordinating layering stencil sets for both of the florals!
GLIMMERING BUTTERCUPS AND CURVED EVERYDAY SENTIMENTS

 My first card uses the Glimmering Buttercups plate and a sentiment from the Curved Everyday Sentiments. I foiled the buttercups with black foil and stenciled them with shades of yellow with cool toned blue green leaves.
I love that this collection has coordinating layering stencils. These are large images and for crafters who are intimidated by lots of coloring, layering stencils are a great solution at a really great price. The Glimmering Buttercups glimmer plate WITH layering stencils is $12.59 more than the plate alone.
I wanted to bring out more of the green in the leaves, so I foiled the sentiment with green foil. I love how it turned out!
 
GLIMMERING BUTTERCUPS AND WONDERFUL SCRIPT SENTIMENTS
 
For my second card, I went with a no-coloring and clean look. I foiled the Glimmering Buttercups plate with Pastel Mint (from the 4 pack of Satin Pastels) and trimmed it down to fill the lower left side.
I added a few gold gems to the centers and added a die cut sentiment and was done! This card was pretty easy to make, especially when I have a variety of sentiments already foiled and die cut in my stash.
 
 Products used on these cards:
Foil rolls in Black, Green and Pastel Mint

Stay tuned over the next week or so for 2 cards using Glimmering Peonies from this collection!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.