Sunday, February 25, 2024

Butterfly Thanks shaker card

 Hi everyone! I have a fun shaker card to share today. I've been obsessed with collecting clay shaker bits (Etsy take all my money!!), and I've vowed to use them! So this is the first of what I hope to be MANY shaker cards to share.
Scrapbook.com just came out with quite a few Decorative A2 Plates with a variety of patterns. There are so many cute designs, my wish list is huge! I am using the A2 Horizontal Stripes Rounded Corners plate die on my card. I chose pastel colors in rainbow order as they perfectly matched my star shaker bits.
First, I glued down my die cut colored stripes to a piece of white cardstock and rounded the corners on the white piece to match. Then I die cut a hexagon out of the top half using the Nested Hexagons die set. I realized my opening was 1 size too large, so I die cut a smaller hexagon out of white cardstock and glued it under my striped panel.
Next, I built my shaker element using hexagon die cuts lined with 3mm foam pieces and filled it with some fun shaker bits and sequins. I die cut one of the butterflies from the Butterflies 1 die set from white cardstock and adhered it in the center of my shaker hexagon.
The sentiment is from the Thank you Sentiments die set. I die cut it 3 times from white cardstock and then from glitter cardstock, I think 4 layers gives it the perfect amount of height. The final step was to add a few Iridescent clear drops gems which are SO pretty in real life.
 
Supplies used on this card:
------
Cardstock used:
Colors: SU Lemon Lolly, Pale Papaya and Pink Pirouette; Spellbinders Purple Mist, Raindrop; PaperTrey Mint Julip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.