Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Gina K Designs | May 2023 release Birds and Magnolias

 Hi everyone! Tonight is Gina K Design's May release and I'm excited to share a card using the Birds and Magnolias stamp and die sets. This set is designed by Hanna and features 2 beautiful birds on magnolia branches, several loose magnolia blooms and several sentiments. I really love this set!

Be sure to check out the What's New section to see ALL the fabulous stamp and die sets released, including a new bundle called Create Friendship!!

I colored the bird after the House Finch. I have TONS of house finches that visit my feeders everyday and I am in awe of the bright red/orange feathers of the male. These little guys are just so fun to watch. It is hard to color the texture of feathers, so I chose to color him with short flicks of my copics and I think it turned out pretty good. I colored my magnolia blooms a very pale purple/pink colors and I just love how they bounce off of the reds and browns of my finch.
For an added bit of texture, I put a piece of white cardstock embossed with the Swiss Dot folder behind the circle openings.
It's hard to see in the photos, but I added some Stickles along the inner circle and on the base of each magnolia bloom. I just love the extra sparkle they give. I have a couple seconds of video over on my Instagram post you can check out if you want to see all the sparkle in action.

Supplies used on this card:
Circle dies
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! Here's a close up picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.