Friday, October 28, 2022

Easy Christmas tree cards

Hi everyone! This is a quick post to share some simple Christmas cards that are flat and easy to mail. My cards use a new cover plate die from Gina K Designs called Christmas Tree. There were 3 Christmas cover plate designs released and I have plans to use them all!

Supplies used on the cards:
Master Layouts 2 (cover plate matting die)
Gold and silver mirror cardstock (tree topper stars)
Black/white twine
2mm gems
Gansai Tambi Starri Color pans (gold splatter)
To make the trees, I first die cut the cover plate from white cardstock. Then I chose and die cut 5 shades of green and blue cardstock starting with the darkest on the bottom layer. The top piece is white cardstock colored with a copic marker. I mat the tree to the darkest shade of green and blue and then pieced the tree pieces. The silver and gold tree topper stars were die cut from Silver and Gold mirror cardstock.
I may have gone a little overboard with the tiny gems, they could be left off to make it easier and quicker. 

Tip: To find really tiny gems like the ones I used, search Amazon for nail art gems. I used 2mm gems on both cards.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. You’re cards a lovely. Not too much bling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cards! So pretty! I'll have to take a look at the cover plates!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.